Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

System Manger 2.0R1 - Private SnapMirror Network Issue

GMCKAIGE2009

At our site we have NetApp 3270's replicating data using SnapMirror technology.

10Gbit fiber was added at a later time and we've created a dedicated run for snapmirror as below.

Original:

NetApp 3270---Nexus 5020 --- Cisco 3750 (with other server VLAN traffic)-----Cisco 3750 (Core)-------Cisco 3750(with other server VLAN traffic)---Nexus 5020----NetApp 3270 (End to End everything is routable)

Current:

3270---Nexus 5020--------Nexus 5020-----3270 (Private Not routable to devices not NetApp)

Replication seems to work after configuring SnapMirror to work, however SM keeps wanting to access the private IP instead of using the E0M port to query for data...Do I have to make the replication subnet routable or can I somehow configure the NetApp to push all of the data out the E0M port? Basically we didn't want anthing accept the NetApp Intefaces on the replication link.

Any ideas or comments welcome.

Thanks,

Froggy

4 REPLIES 4

radek_kubka

Hmmm, am I reading this correctly - are you trying to push SnapMirror traffic through port e0m?

This port should be used for management traffic only.

Regards,

Radek

GMCKAIGE2009

Sorry for the confusion. No we want only the replication traffic on the 10Gbit link (which we were able to do modifying snapmirror.conf), but the problem is now System Manager is trying to connect to the private network for that 10Gbit interface and cannot so it doesn't give info on the snapmirror anymore.

radek_kubka

So one question: which port's IP address was used in System Manager to manage the filler - e0m, 10Gbit, 1Gbit?

GMCKAIGE2009

OK so actually the E0M is disabled and the management is happening through the original VIF with all the other traffic over 1Gbit connections. which is routable to the all servers. We are trying to avoid having the replication traffic accessible by anthing accept the two SnapMirror interfaces,

Public