Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Unable to add NetApp AltaVault to WFA as a data source.

Pankaj_Srivastava

Hi Team,

I am trying to to do some automation using WFA & NetApp AltaVault. To achieve this I am trying  to add AltaVault 4.3.1 as a data source in NetApp WFA 4.1.

I have already imported the dar files related to AltaVault from automationstore of NetApp. Also I have added CDOT 9.1 and OCUM 7.1p2 into WFA.

ERROR details:

Unable to login to AltaVault. Please check the AltaVault host IP, port number and credentials. Error: {"timestamp":1503296310429,"status":401,"error":"Unauthorized","message":"No client with requested id: system123","path":"/cbapi/v1/auth/login"} at ./altavault3292089195450766752.pl line 126, <STDIN> line 1.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jorgeedugona

We had a discussion with AltaVault team a while ago and some issues with the AltaVault pack have come to our notice. It appears that the api’s we have part of our pack are not recommended for usage as per AltaVault team. We will have to pull out the pack and work with AV team to rework and release a new pack.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

mbeattie

Hi Pankaj,

Can you ping and resolve the hostname of the Altavault system from your WFA server? In the configuration you attached the hostname is "15". Are you sure this is correct? That doesn't sound like a valid hostname. Try adding it via the FQDN.

/Matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

Pankaj_Srivastava

Hi Matt,

Metioned details are correct. Due to security reasons I cannot expose IPs. WFA server is able to ping AltaVault FQDN.

As you suggested I have tried with FQDN but failed. Snapshot is attached.

sinhaa

@Pankaj_Srivastava

The error says ' 401 Unauthorized'. Are you sure you are provding the credentials correct?

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

Pankaj_Srivastava

@sinhaa

I am 100 % sure that  credentials are correct. Because with the same I am able to login AltaVault GUI and CLI.

Thanks

jorgeedugona

Im having a similar issue when I trry to add Altavault as DataSource in WFA 4.1, see the below error. I triple checked credentials and DNS resolution.

Error-Altavault.PNG

Even if I want to test connectibity with the Altavault appliance I got the below error, Im not sure what Im missing here.. 

Credentials-Error.PNG

Kind Regards

Jorge

jorgeedugona

We had a discussion with AltaVault team a while ago and some issues with the AltaVault pack have come to our notice. It appears that the api’s we have part of our pack are not recommended for usage as per AltaVault team. We will have to pull out the pack and work with AV team to rework and release a new pack.

Public