Subscribe
Accepted Solution

Unable to add c-mode system to WFA

Hey Everyone,

I'm hoping this will be an easy fix. I am trying to add credentials for my c-mode systems. When I enter the IP, username and passwd, it comes back with "failed to connect to controller, Incorrect credentials". I have check the creds countless times and i know they are valid. I've tried an account created specifically for this and also the admin account. no change in the resulting connection failure.

I have successfully added 7-mode systems to this WFA instance and they have not had any issues.

I have used wireshark to verify that the WFA server is sending/recieving network packets to the c-mode systems. There is certainly communication going on there, but it abruptly ends and then the connection fails. there are no firewalls between these systems.

Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

Re: Unable to add c-mode system to WFA

Is this a 5.1 C-mode system to which you want to connect to?

If yes, did you run the wfa_ocsetup.exe to create the username/password on DFM?

Regards

Abhi

Can you post the exact failure message. Or add the screen-shot of the same. That can give some clue.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

Yes i did complete the wfa_oc... setup, and i was able to connect to the UM server without issue. it is just when i try to add the controller credentials that i'm am having issues.

This is what i get back from WFA. and here is what the log output from WFA looks like:

Incorrect credentials for 10.54.4.100., Cause: javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException: Failed to connect to controller: 10.54.4.100.

Incorrect credentials for 10.54.4.100.}

2013-07-01 20:39:21,817 UTC ERROR [com.netapp.wfa.ui.LogServiceImpl] (http-0.0.0.0-80-4) [unknown] com.netapp.wfa.ui.app.main.ErrorController - Failed to connect to controller: 10.54.4.100.

Incorrect credentials for 10.54.4.100.

2013-07-01 20:39:21,818 UTC ERROR [com.netapp.wfa.ui.LogServiceImpl] (http-0.0.0.0-80-4) [unknown] com.netapp.wfa.ui.app.main.ErrorController - details:

fault code: WFA.CommandExecution

fault String: Failed to connect to controller: 10.54.4.100.

Incorrect credentials for 10.54.4.100.

fault Details: - destination: ExecutionFacadeImpl

- method: public abstract void com.netapp.wfa.ui.ExecutionFacade.validateCredential(com.netapp.wfa.command.model.CommandCredential)

- exception: javax.ejb.EJBException: WfaException{Message: Failed to connect to controller: 10.54.4.100.

The thing is, i know that the creds are correct. i've triple checked them.

Also, versions...

WFA: 2.0.1.23.8

DOT c-mode: 8.1.2

UM server: 5.1.0.15008 (5.1)

Ignore Oncommand for now - as far as I can tell this doesn't have anything to do with OnCommand.  I'm running WFA v2 as well here and have successfully added the credentials for my CDOT 8.1.1 cluster.  I used:

-The cluster name (should be the admin vserver's name)

-The admin account and password

If you use this it should work, at least it does for me.

Yeah, i've been trying the cluster mgmt IP address and also the FQDN with the admin login. still getting a failure. I'm at a loss with this one...

Can you login to the cluster from your WFA server outside of WFA (i.e., using putty or something like it) with the same credentials?  This will at least confirm successful communication and login from the WFA server itself.

yes, i've confirmed that the WFA server can establish a connection via wireshark, and i've also logged into the cluster CLI with the same credentials on putty from the wfa server.