Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Unable to add credentials through WFA GUI

ag
NetApp

I am new to WFA. I installed WFA on a windows server 2008 machine. I have DFM 5.2 installed on the same machine. I have configured DFM for data collection from a C-Mode filer. I am able to login to those filers through the command line with the given credentials. But when i try to add credentials through the WFA GUI, it says incorrect credentials.

10 REPLIES 10

sinhaa

Anil G,

Can you post the exact error message that is thrown? You can send the screenshot.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

ag
NetApp

Failed to connect to controller: 10.61.86.190.

Incorrect credentials for 10.61.86.190.

ag
NetApp

sinhaa

Thanks for the info.

A similar problem was reported some weeks back, where the assumed problem was having a login password of the cluster with special characters. The user changed the password of the cluster to only alphanumeric (like abc12345 )and it worked for him.

Here is the link to that discussion : https://communities.netapp.com/message/113660#113660

If changing password doesn't solve your problem, you can try some other degug as suggested in the above mentioned link.

I'll verify if there is a real problem with WFA credentials when there are passwords with special characters for ONTAP clusters.

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

ag
NetApp

I tried the workarounds mentioned in the other discussion but my issue persists.  Further, my test connectivity also fails. I have added a snapshot of the same.

sinhaa

Anil G,

This is a bug here. I've verified  that if your cluster password has any non alpha numeric characters, WFA credentials will fail to add it. I'll log a bug and it should be fixed in future WFA releases.

If you want to track it yourself, kindly raise a case with NGS.

You inconvenience is regretted.

For the workaround change your cluster password to only include alpha numeric characters. If we find another way to get it fixed, I'll update it.

warm regards,

Abhishek

WFA

NetApp India Inc.

ag
NetApp

Thanks abhishek. I did change my password to alphanumeric before sending my previous response. But it didn't work.
Moreover, i can't even get to a point of adding credentials because  "test connectivity" itself fails even though my cluster is up and running fine.

sinhaa

You don't do "Test Connectivity" before adding the cluster credentials. This "Test Cornnectivity" is for testing for Testing hosts where credentials are provided as "Pattern".

Do the following:

1. Credentials -> New Credentials

2.Match=Exact

3. Type=ONTAP

4. Give IP and password

5. Press "Test" to test the connectivity . It should succeed now that you have changed your password. Once succeeds , you can Save the credentials. All done.

ag
NetApp

I followed exactly what you have asked me to do. I still get the same message - Incorrect credentials

ag
NetApp

I tried adding another cluster to WFA and the credentials worked like a charm even though the password contained special character.

Public