Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Unable to configure snapshot schedule from System Manager v3.1

Walcott

Hello All,

I installed Netapp Oncommand System Manger v3.1  in my VDI ,when there is a new NFS  deployment for Cmode clusters   I am succesfully able to create Volume, qtree and define new policy for the new qtree in Cmode cluster by using  Netapp Oncommand System Manger v3.1.

But, I am unable to configure snapshot schedule for Cmode filers by using Netapp Oncommand  System Manager v3.1 .

The problem I am facing is that when I select snapshot copies --->configure snapshot  the page is not being loaded properly and the page gets loading and loading.what might be the problem , but the same issue I could not see while configuring snapshot for 7mode filers. I could easily configure snapshots by using this System Manger GUI.

Please help me with any suggestions or ideas to overcome this issue.

Is there any alternate method to configure snapshot schedule for Cmode clusters coz I tried snap sched volname schedule didn't work in Cmode .

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

5 REPLIES 5

RPHELANIN

what versio of OnTap on cDOT is it?

@Walcott wrote:

Hello All,

I installed Netapp Oncommand System Manger v3.1  in my VDI ,when there is a new NFS  deployment for Cmode clusters   I am succesfully able to create Volume, qtree and define new policy for the new qtree in Cmode cluster by using  Netapp Oncommand System Manger v3.1.

But, I am unable to configure snapshot schedule for Cmode filers by using Netapp Oncommand  System Manager v3.1 .

The problem I am facing is that when I select snapshot copies --->configure snapshot  the page is not being loaded properly and the page gets loading and loading.what might be the problem , but the same issue I could not see while configuring snapshot for 7mode filers. I could easily configure snapshots by using this System Manger GUI.

Is there any alternate method to configure snapshot schedule for Cmode clusters coz I tried snap sched volname schedule didn't work in Cmode .

@Walcott wrote:

Hello All,

Walcott

what versio of OnTap on cDOT is it?

NetApp Release 8.2.3P3 Cluster-Mode

txskibum2000

I have the same problem.  I am not able to configure snapshots within System Manager 3.1.2.  Click on the check-box to configure, then when you click on anything else, it doesn't stick (save).

Anyone else having this issue?  I tried on two separate windows workstations, one with Chrome, one with Internet Explorer.

Just figured it out, i think.  This is by design, and needed to adjust snapshot reserve greater than 0%.  This must be a new "feature enhancement", as I didnt have this issue before with a previous ONTAP version.

https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=2022460&locale=en_US

RickyT

Somewhat Same here.

8.2.4P4 System manager 3.1.2

When I want to configure an existing snapshot copie configuration, the only thing happens is that "Enable Snapshot copies" is turned on or off.

Doesn't matter where I click in the Gui.  

I tested it with IE10 java 1.8.0_60 and IE11 1.8.0_77

Edit:

It looks like it's only with SAN storage type (iScsi) volumes

Edit:

Ok need to learn how to read first.

My snapshot reserve was set at 0 !

When you make it >0 then you can edit the settings.

Strangely there was already a snapshot of 150Gb with a setting of 0.

Naveenkumarp22

If the cluster opntap version is 8.3 and above then no need to install system manager. Just give your cluster IP or cluster name in browser it will open system manager. There is inbuilt system manager software in data ontap from 8.3 onwards. This is working so nicely like filerview in 7-mode.

Public