Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Understanding dfm_base

kennyah2007

I would like to get clarification/understanding on the dfm_base as it is listed in the .snapshot directory on the primary volume:

drwxrwsr-x  17 xxxx xxxx 16384 Apr 24 23:37 2012-04-25 13:45:07 hourly/

drwxrwsr-x  17 xxxx xxxx 16384 Apr 24 23:37 2012-04-25 14:45:06 hourly/

drwxrwsr-x  17 xxxx xxxx 16384 Apr 24 23:37 dfpm_base(proj10000s_03.43301)conn1.0/

From my understanding this is technically a snapshot like any other which collects deltas that will eventually get transferred to the secondary during a scheduled backup setup in protection manager.  Is this correct?  Also,  can we convey to the user community that they can restore from the dfm_base as with any other snapshot.  In other words can a user (from the .snapshot directory on the primary) cd to the dfm_base directory in order to recover their data which is not housed in any of the other standard snapvault snapshots.  Also, if the user can and is restoring from the dfm_base snapshot are they going to run into any issues if while they are restoring data from it a scheduled backup initiates and begins to move the deltas housed in the dfm_base to the secondary.

Thank you very much in advance,

Kenny H

1 REPLY 1

adaikkap

Hi Kenny,

Thats correct, but let me get more details on this and update the post. But for all reasons it can be used for restore. Its just another snapshot, which PM uses as base for snapvault.

Regards

adai

PS:Deleted the post of crocker to improve the readability of the thread.

Public