Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Urgent (...) OCI 7.0.2 reports INVALID LICENSE during setup

gmilazzoitag

I'm trying to install a new OCI 7.0.2 server on a Windows 2012 server.

Installation has been completed. Inserting the discover module key (or any other one) copied in clipboard directly from support.netapp.com (ora any other txt font) program reports "license invalid".

Can firewall or other account issue (user is a local administrator), or the browser a/o proxy settings cause issues?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hotz

I think it's as indicated by the message: The license is invalid.

If you can view the page to apply a license, then the firewall settings should be good.

Did you try to insert all the module keys in the same input field, each as a new line?

Or maybe you have really old licenses and its a compatibility issue of the keys, in which case you'd probably need to have the keys converted.

Just to be clear, this is purchased license yes and not some eval keys?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

hotz

I think it's as indicated by the message: The license is invalid.

If you can view the page to apply a license, then the firewall settings should be good.

Did you try to insert all the module keys in the same input field, each as a new line?

Or maybe you have really old licenses and its a compatibility issue of the keys, in which case you'd probably need to have the keys converted.

Just to be clear, this is purchased license yes and not some eval keys?

gmilazzoitag

Hi Hotz,

your suggestion worked. Thanks a lot.

The licenses are the new one and they comes directly from the support site at "View Installaed Licenses" for the right customer sales order, so that not eval ones.

We've just tried ALL the licenses together and it has worked but...this in my opinion has two issues:

a. what's about if I've only the base license, the discover one? I know it could be a strange case but...

b. why this is not stated on documentation? 😉

Regards,

hotz

I'm glad it worked.

a). I'm just speculating, but I think there is some sort of sanity check, so if you add the discover license, it would have encoded in the key that an additional Assure or Perform key belongs to it.
In any case, if you purchased only a subset of the modules, chances are the keys you receive will work, however they're encoded.

b). Good question. I don't know. But if product management reads this thread, who knows, maybe it will be documented as some point 🙂

gmilazzoitag

Thank you!

Regards,

Public