Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Using LDAP for authenticating to OnCommand Insight report

kortas

I am looking for instructions for configuring the LDAP settings dialog in the OnCommand insight report tools.

I would like users in a Windows 2003 or 2008 Active Directory to be able to log in /authenticate to view / create reports.  Can someone suggest recommended values for the LDAP settings dialog?  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

yuvaraju

Check the attached screenshots for reference. The screenshot provides an example  of the parameters to be provided for AD configuration.

Here are the fields which require changes/inputs. Rest of the fields can be left with the default values shown.

1.)          User principal Name – The value is generally “sAMAccountName” for Active Directory.

2.)          LDAP Server – IP address of the LDAP server. Remember to give “ldap://” before the ip address.

3.)          Domain – Domains configured in the Active directory server.

4.)          Server Administrators – The group within the active directory server whose members can be allowed to work with admin portal.

5.)          Report authors - The group within the active directory server whose members can be allowed to work with reporting portal with reporting author role.

6.)          Report viewers - The group within the active directory server whose members can be allowed to work with reporting portal with reporting viewer role.

7.)          Directory look up user – The name of the user who has credentials to perform lookup in the active directory.

8.)          Directory look up password – The password of the directory look up user.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

yuvaraju

Check the attached screenshots for reference. The screenshot provides an example  of the parameters to be provided for AD configuration.

Here are the fields which require changes/inputs. Rest of the fields can be left with the default values shown.

1.)          User principal Name – The value is generally “sAMAccountName” for Active Directory.

2.)          LDAP Server – IP address of the LDAP server. Remember to give “ldap://” before the ip address.

3.)          Domain – Domains configured in the Active directory server.

4.)          Server Administrators – The group within the active directory server whose members can be allowed to work with admin portal.

5.)          Report authors - The group within the active directory server whose members can be allowed to work with reporting portal with reporting author role.

6.)          Report viewers - The group within the active directory server whose members can be allowed to work with reporting portal with reporting viewer role.

7.)          Directory look up user – The name of the user who has credentials to perform lookup in the active directory.

8.)          Directory look up password – The password of the directory look up user.

JROBERTS6670

Once LDAP is setup, and the groups are listed using the distinguished name of the group, how does the user login?  [domain]\[username]  or [username]?

Do I have to create a user under general settings for the people in the Active Directory group?

Thanks,

Jack

CAMPBELLSI

Hey Jack,

It should be [domain]\[username] OCR is like most things very particular about it's LDAP config. You might have to check the group settings, this is where I went wrong.

Regards,

Simon

RAJMEHTA1

I have ldap configured as the screenshots but i am still unable to log in with a user account.  Can anyone assist?

bencodental

I have the same issue.  It accepted my ldap config but no one can log in except the built in admin.  What are we doing wrong, or is this a bug?

bencodental

Nevermind, after re-looking at the screens and comparing them I found I missed DC=domain ( forgot to change it to the actual domain), and I also still had UserPrincipleName instead of sAMAccountName.  Once I changed those 2 and resaved I can log in now w/ active directory. Hope that helps someone else out.

Public