Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Volume Clone/Lun Map Automation?

gdekhayser

Hello all-

I want to build a workflow that lets the user choose a filer->volume->snapshot, clone from that snap, and map the lun in that clone to an igroup on that filer with a pre-set LUN ID (say 15 or 16). 

I also want to build a reverse workflow that will take that flexcloned lun, UNMAP it, and then destroy the cloned volume.

Having trouble getting my head around how to do this.  BTW, this is on 7-mode.

Thanks for any advice/help.

Glenn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shailaja

>>What you show is exactly what I want to accomplish, although the user inputs I want to make queries because I want the user to have drop-downs and not be able to select bad entries.

Right. User inputs based on queries will always be good for the actual execution and to make it error-free. I was just experimenting and hence did not bother on the queries.

Shailaja

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

PenkoMarinov

, is your solution shared somewhere?

I'm relevantly new for the NetApp and I'm afraid it's beyond my power to build a working solution.

thanks in advance for your reply. 

mgoddard

Hey Glenn,

I've done a lot of schema work and I find MySQL Workbench very useful for prototyping queries and browsing the data. It's handy for performance tuning queries too if you have complex ones.

Either install it locally, or edit the mysql/my.ini on your WFA server and comment out the bind-address=localhost setting at the end and restart the DB to allow remote connections. Then connect using wfa/Wfa123. You can view data but you can't change data except for the playground database.

Hope that's useful!

Michael.

dgshuenetapp

Care to share your Workflow... looking to do this same thing for a VMware datastore for setting up Test/Dev environments.  Short of pulling in the datastore into VMware, this will get me much closer.

Public