Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Volume: Historical Change Rate Report

streff

Looking at generating a report that shows 35 days worth of change rate on several volumes. Is a report similar to this available?

6 REPLIES 6

radek_kubka

Plus one - that would be awesome if historical data re change rate is available.

I was always under impression we can measure it in one way only, i.e. by running ad-hoc snap delta command.

Regards,

Radek

paleon

Snap delta will provide information on both changed and deleted data blocks.  However, it will not provide information about newly allocated data blocks.  Will this type of report provide the data you require?

radek_kubka

What do you mean by "newly allocated data blocks"? If a new file is created in a volume and there is a snapshot, the snapshot will grow & it will be reflected in snap delta output in the same way as for changed or deleted blocks.

paleon

My apologies.  I confused "snap delta" with "snap reclaimable."  Sorry.

smurphy

How about reporting on any information over a proscribed period of time?  Whether that's volume change rate, aggregate growth, etc. shouldn't matter.  That was available in Enterprise Portal.  It would be nice to have in the replacement for that too.

yuvaraju

Currently OnCommand Report acquires days to full attribute from Data Fabric Manager server or OnCommand unified manager server to report on aggregate, volume growth etc.OnCommand Report 1.0 version does not maintain history. This is being considered for future releases.

Public