2017-06-19 09:40 AM
Is there a reason why the ocum_report schema does not have a "daysUntilFull" or "bytesUsedperDay" listed under the volume table? I'm using OCUM 7.x. I see it in the integration schema and I know it is in the ocum schema. How would I go about reporting those for volumes?
Solved! SEE THE SOLUTION
2017-06-19 06:18 PM
There is a "daysToFull" field within the "volumes" table in the "ocum_view" database.
This will enable you to calculate the days until full per volume by ID
2017-06-20 05:54 AM - edited 2017-06-20 06:01 AM
you are correct. I was able to find the ocum_view and netapp_model_view schemas when I connected to the mysql db using the wfa integration schema credentials (using MySQL workbench). I then used BIRT to create a datasource for each schema. I was able to create a custom report and import into OCUM. Below is a sample of the query I used. I had to create a joint dataset. If there is an easier way please let me know. I'm fairly new to sql queries and building custom reports.
Pulled volume info from netapp_model_view first:
select volume.objid AS volumeID, volume.name AS volName, volume.state AS State, (select cluster.name from cluster where (cluster.objid = volume.clusterId)) AS clusterName, (select vserver.name from vserver where (vserver.objid = volume.vserverId)) AS vserverName, (select aggregate.name from aggregate where (aggregate.objid = volume.aggregateId)) AS aggregateName, round(volume.size/Power(1024,3),2) AS TotalSizeGB, round(volume.sizeUsed/Power(1024,3),3) AS DataUsedGB, round(volume.snapshotReserveSize/Power(1024,3),3) AS SnapReserveGB, round(volume.sizeAvail/Power(1024,3),3) AS TotalAvailGB, round((volume.snapshotReserveSize + volume.sizeUsed)/Power(1024,3),2) AS TotalUsedGB, volume.sizeUsedPercent AS UsedPercentage from volume
Then I pulled the daily growth and days until full from ocum_view:
select volume.id, round(volume.bytesUsedPerDay/Power(1024,3),2) AS DailyGrowthRate, cast(floor(volume.daysUntilFull) as unsigned) AS DaysUntilFull from volume
I combined the two by creating a joint dataset in BIRT. This gave me exactly what I needed.
This is the output I set up for the customer: