Subscribe
Accepted Solution

WFA 3.0 Incremental Naming Wizard. No "Filter volumes by prefix in a specific SVM"

Hi all,

I notice in WFA 3.0 there does not seem to be a finder/filter to specify searching the "prefix" for a volume when trying to use the resource selector in conjunction with the Incremental Naming Wizard and CDOT. I see there is one for 7-mode, and the documentation I've read indicates using a prefix to select/search existing volumes.

I end up creating a custom filter/finder to get it working. But I'm wondering how the incremental naming wizard works without doing this, when the only way to search for a volume using the resource selector is to use the volumes full name?

Thanks,

Josche

Re: WFA 3.0 Incremental Naming Wizard. No "Filter volumes by prefix in a specific SVM"

IIRC, one of the DataProtection workflow has the filter for incremental naming.

The precise name of the filter is "Filter volumes by name and numeric suffix in a specified Storage Virtual Machine"

Its used in the sample workflow named "Create SnapMirror Relationship" and other DP related workflows.

Regards

Adai

Re: WFA 3.0 Incremental Naming Wizard. No "Filter volumes by prefix in a specific SVM"

[ Edited ]

Thanks.

Sorry yes I can see the filter now.