Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA 3.1RC1 throws "Object reference not set to an instance of an object", worked in 3.0P1

SCOTT_LINDLEY

I am running a custom workflow to create volumes that has worked since WFA 2.x, and which works well in 3.0P1. With WFA 3.1RC1 it throws this error when attempting to apply a quota to the volume:

INFO  [Apply Quota Policy to Volume or Qtree] Started Quota resize on volume post_wfa31rc1_test2_w_mirror on vserver MySVM

ERROR [Apply Quota Policy to Volume or Qtree] Command failed for Workflow 'Create Volume (Schwab)' with error : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

INFO  [Apply Quota Policy to Volume or Qtree] ***** Workflow Execution Failed *****

I have executed the PS commands from this code block in a PS shell with no errors. Has anyone else seen a similar issue with 3.1RC1?

Scott Lindley

23 REPLIES 23

rtoubali

Hi there,

we have updated at a customer test/intergration WFA from 3.0.0P1 to 3.1 GA and experienced an error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" executing a workflow for "User Quota Resize". Unfortunately the workaround "ErrorAction Silently"  didn´t work here. Any hints or ideas, how to get this executied in WFA3.1GA?

[...]

$command = "Set-NcQuota -User " +  $UserName + " -Volume " + $VolumePath

[...]

Invoke-Expression $command -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

[...]

sinhaa

I suggest you switch back to the older DataONTAP PS toolkit in your WFA3.1.

Read about it here: How to upgrade or modify the DataONTAP Powershell Toolkit(PSTK) in WFA

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

Mike_B

I was able to resolve this issue by reverting to NetApp Toolkit 3.2.1 Rev65.

Thanks!!

Public