Subscribe

WFA 4.1 and ontap 9.2P1 . workflow of creating volume stopped working after upgrade

for all flash C mode filers it looks like with 9.2P1 the volume are created with effciency enabled. this is conflicting with the create volume command provided by NetApp.

Failed to enable efficiency on volume "xx" of Vserver "xx": Operation has already been enabled. Location: Row '1' step 'Create Volume'.

Re: WFA 4.1 and ontap 9.2P1 . workflow of creating volume stopped working after upgrade

it failed when template is chosen as space efficient NAS settings

Re: WFA 4.1 and ontap 9.2P1 . workflow of creating volume stopped working after upgrade

Hi,

We have verified the below issue using the WFA 4.1 GA build with the version 1.3.2 c-dot pack (This "WFA pack for managing Clustered Data ONTAP" is available in the Automationstore) on the ONTAP 9.2.

Create volume command with the efficiency enabling is working fine.

Could you please share us the details of the procedure which you followed.

Best Regards,

Shiva 

I ahve version 1.2.2 and the issue is the spaceeffcient template to create volume has defaule fields which enable inline dedup and for 9.2 AF system the inline dedup is already there when a new volume is created. may be the issue is that.

I will update the pack and let you guys know if I see any issues.