Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA - Conditional Approval procedure

sheelnidhig

Hello All,

We have a very simple workflow which which allows used to increase the volume size by 5/10/20%. and we have also added a condition if the containing aggr does not have a 90% free space then it will not increase the volume capacity.

But we would like to add an approval process with a condition:

- if an aggr is more then 90%  then we would like to send an approval request or else users should be able to simply increase the volume size.

I am attaching the Workflow as well!

,Sheel

5 REPLIES 5

adaikkap

Hi Sheel,

Let me check and get back to you, will have to see if approval point gets executed on a condition.

Regards

adai

abhit

Hi Sheel:

Currently WFA does not have a feature for conditional approval points.

This may be coming up in a future release.

However, there may be some workarounds, which somebody could have found out.

Regards

Abhi

ag
NetApp

Hi Sheel,

I was using your attached workflow and i found a different issue. I need your help to understand it.

In the 'Percentage Command', there seems to be a parameter "PipelineVariable". This does not appear in the code.

Did you use such a parameter in your powershell command code and removed it later?

What is the purpose of that command?

sheelnidhig

Hello,

I have added percentage command just to able to take a custom variable from user. I think pipeline variable automatically comes with any custom command.

Later I realized its not really needed.  as I didn't know how to add a custom variable to take an input from user.

,Sheel

adaikkap

Pls take a look at this thread for PipeLine Variable.

https://communities.netapp.com/thread/36168

Also an  RFE for Conditional Approval points is opened. Pls open a case with NetApp Support and add the same to RFE # 735785

Regards

adai

Public