Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA - Filer Authentication procedure

sheelnidhig

Hello All,

I have a question regarding connecting with Netapp Controller using WFA Workflows.

Almost all the commands, I see WFA make a new connection with Netapp controller which takes few seconds. Having multiple commands in the same workflow we ask WFA workflow to authenticate the same filer multiple times which takes more time.

Is there any possibility that we create a session at the initial stage of workflow so that rest of the command dont have authenticate with every new commands. that can save a lot of time.

Or I have misunderstood this procedure ?

Another question is about storing a Netapp Filer's credentials in WFA database, can someone please share me the pattern (Regex) so i dont have to add individual filer's credentials in WFA.

,Sheel

2 REPLIES 2

abhit

In WFA, in  a workflow, subsequent commands re-use the connection handle opened with ONTAP.

There was an issue reported earlier which you have also said:

"Having multiple commands in the same workflow we ask WFA workflow to authenticate the same filer multiple times which takes more time."

This has been fixed in a WFA 2.1 I remember.

Regards

Abhi

bestinj

Hi,

To use patterns for credentials. 

- While adding credentials, select 'Pattern' as Match type.

- In the Name/IP field, give the regular expression for matching either IP or hostname of the filers.

Eg:

IP: 10\.20\.30\.[0-9]+  -> Matches IPs in subnet 10.20.30.0/24

HostName: .*\.abc\.com -> Matches all hostnames in the domain abc.com

For examples, you may refer to http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/regexp.html#operator_regexp

--

Thanks and Regards,

Bestin Jose.

Public