Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA Problem connecting the OCUM

Izik_S

Hi,

In WFA 3.1.0, I'm trying to set up new WFA server. I have a problem connecting the OCUM (DFM) server as a new Data Source.

When the WFA tries to acquire the DFM the error that appear immediately is: Failed to get connection from data-source. Invalid host.

The TCP port for incoming connections on the Unified Manager server (3306) is open. I tried to restart the WFA server services. 

the attached file is a screenshot of the DFM data source window.

Anyone suggestions?

thanks

Michelle

4 REPLIES 4

mbeattie

Hi Michelle,

Have you ensured that name resolution is working? Have you created A & PTR DNS records for the OCUM server?

/matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

Izik_S

Hi,

I have checked it and the name resolution works (both A & PTR DNS records of the WFA server and the OCUM server exist).

Can you think of any other possible causes for such an error?

Thanks.

mbeattie

Hi,

Given it's not a name resolution issue and (assuming that the data source type and credentials are correct and the mysql user credential are correct) I'd say the next step would be to check the logs for the corresponding error. Could you please check the following log and post the lines that relate to your error.

C:\Program Files\NetApp\WFA\jboss\standalone\log\server.log

/matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

sinhaa

@Izik_S

Have you been able to resolve this?

sinhaa

Public