Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA and vRealize Orchestration Workflow Sample Pack issue

samwu

I download link WFA and vRealize Orchestration Workflow Sample Pack: http://www.mccloudoncloud.com/2015/06/02/netapp-oncommand-workflow-automation-and-vmware-vrealize-orchestration-workflow-sample-pack/

In vRO Run WFA workflow results error message:

typeError: Cannot find function generateNetAppWFA_Inputs in object Module:com.netapp.oncommand.wfa.
(Workflow: Setup a Basic Clustered Data ONTAP NFS Volume / generateNetAppWFA_Inputs (item2)#1)

In my environment can't see generateNetAppWFA_Inputs Action ,just see generateNetAppWFA_UserInputXML

My Environment Import WFA package to vRO list:
com.netapp.oncommand.wfa.core.v3.package
com.netapp.oncommand.wfa.workflows.pack.v1.package

My Environment Version List:
NetApp clustered Data ONTAP 8.3
NetApp OnCommand Unified Manager 6.2
NetApp OnCommand Workflow Automation 3.0
VMware vRealize Orchestration (vRO) 5.5.1
NetApp OnCommand Workflow Automation Package for vRealize Orchestration 3.0
VMware vRealize Automation™ (vRA) 6.2
VMware vSphere 5.5

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

asulliva

Hello samwu,

This is an issue that we are aware of.  A new package has been created, and we are currently in the process of getting it posted to a new location.  In the short term, please feel free to reach out to me privately using the community messaging system and I will be happy to send you the updated package.

Thank you, and apologies for the missing action.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

jimdix16

Hello, Abndrew would you be able to advise where we could get the latest WFA plugin for vmware vcac 6.2 / 7 vra/vro ?

Many thanks

James

asulliva

Hello James,

The package is now available from the Toolchest on MySupport.  Please let me know if you have any issues!

Thank you!

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

jimdix16

Many thanks for the quick response !

f_duranti

@asulliva sorry to get back this old thread. I'm trying to see how to interface the WFA and vRO.

I saw the WFA Sample package and the dynamictypes package that seems really useful to be able to use finders defined in WFA into vCO to select clusters, SVM, etc but it seems that those are not updated to work with the new WFA/vCO plugin. Is this correct?

There's any other way to be able to being able to query NetApp object defined in WFA to use them as parameters in vCO workflow?

Trying to use the com.netapp.oncommand.wfa.helpers WFAGetCluster i get an error that

getUserInputValues is not defined

The command is this one:

System.getModule("com.netapp.oncommand.wfa").getUserInputValues(workflowName, inputName, dependentParameters);

Going into com.netapp.oncommand.wfa i don't see any getUserInputValues command so the error seems correct.

There's any updated documentation ?

asulliva

Hello @f_duranti,

I don't believe the documentation has been updated, I have an example of using the action here.  Please reach out to me directly (my communities username at netapp.com), I'll send you the missing action.

Andrew

Public