Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA command issue

raovolvoadmin

Hello,

I am using the "Wait for Monitoring refresh" command in one of the workflow.I have added the DFM with valid credentials to WFA. But getting the below erorr...

"No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.221.xxx.xxx:22"

10.221.xxx.xxx is the DFM ip address.

Regards,

Rao.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

abrian

Hi Rao,

I just uploaded a revised PowerShell API implementation of Refresh Monitor on Array command, and a new Wait on Monitor Refresh command here: https://communities.netapp.com/docs/DOC-29174.

These use Powershell and the ONTAP API, so no need to use SSH or Perl.  Let me know if you have any problems.

Brian Atkins

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

yaronh

Some of the DFM commands used to require SSH connectivity (And in some cases, when doing Windows<->Windows, also an installation of sshd).

Can you confirm that connection is available?

Worth pointing out that some of these commands we redone to work with ZAPI now.

Yaron Haimsohn

WFA Team

raovolvoadmin

Hi Yaron,

Thanks for your reply.Just i want to understand more...Do i need to install openssh on WFA server( where WFA installed) and DFM server?.

SSH from the DFM server(host diag command in DFM) to Filer working fine.

Regards,

Rao.

yaronh

Hi Rao,

First, see excellent effort from Brian below.

Second, WFA would be the SSH client so an SSHd is needed on the OCUM in that case.

That would probably explain why your test worked as well.

Yaron

abrian

Hi Rao,

I just uploaded a revised PowerShell API implementation of Refresh Monitor on Array command, and a new Wait on Monitor Refresh command here: https://communities.netapp.com/docs/DOC-29174.

These use Powershell and the ONTAP API, so no need to use SSH or Perl.  Let me know if you have any problems.

Brian Atkins

raovolvoadmin

Perfect.thanks.Works fine:-)

I will do some more tests and come back to you incase any issue.

Regards

Rao.

Public