Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA customer questions - resource availability and performance filter

sowinski

hi,

I have a prospect who asks me the following questions :

- could it be possible to validate the availability of resources - like IP - from outside the tool. WFA will check on the cluster if the IP is not used, but how to be certain that IP is not "reserved but not yet attributed" ?

if wfa could check on a file (csv or another format) it could assign an IP address without future conflict

- could we have a filter or a finder who list resources by performance ?

thanks

Guillaume

2 REPLIES 2

dblackwe

If you have another database that has your reserved ips in it, you can add that database to wfa and write a query that checks for said ip.

sinhaa

Guillaume,

@ if wfa could check on a file (csv or another format) it could assign an IP address without future conflict

WFA can definitely do it and in multiple possible ways. If you have a CSV file with list of Reserved/Available IPs then WFA can check on it by the following ways:

1. Acquire this CSV file in WFA DB and then you can create filters/finders on it. There is a Video available on how to do in in WFA. https://communities.netapp.com/videos/3351 .
  2. Its a CSV, so you can writes WFA powershell commands which can do it for you. Powershell provides very easy and convenient handling of CSV files. I can post an example if you want.
  3. As said above, if you have a DB which has list of Reserved/Available IPs, this can be acquired in WFA. The external DB can be from any vendor, only you would need to get the connecting driver for it.

Which is the better approach? Well, they all have their advantages, and none of them are too difficult. So take your pick.

@ could we have a filter or a finder who list resources by performance ?

Filters are basically SQL queries querying data from WFA DB. So if you have performance data in your WFA DB through Datasource acquisition, you can certainly write filters and finders.

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public