Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA not starting

hoffman

I'm looking for a bit of help with getting WFA installed.

The installer runs through and says everything is installed correctly, but it doesn't look like WFA is starting.  According to task manager and the Windows services, the WFA server process is running, but I can't load the UI and in the Windows Application Log I see two errors from source NA_WFA_SRV:

4097 - The LoadLibrary function failed for the following reason: The specified module could not be found.

4096 – Could not load the Java Virtual Machine.

There are no logs in E:\Program Files (x86)\NetApp\WFA\jboss\server\default\log\.  The troubleshooting guide says when you run into such a scenario you should "contact support for a manual override".  Can anyone here help out?

The system is a 'clean' Win2008 R2 (64bit OS) VM with 4GB of memory.  All the prereqs are in place and nothing was listening on the relevant ports prior to WFA install. 

Thanks for any help,

Bryan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

yaronh

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

This is a known and very rare phenomenon (This is the 4th documented case in some 200+ installations). It is well documented in the "Tips and Troubleshooting" document that can be found in the community

(Direct link - https://communities.netapp.com/docs/DOC-11485).

Luckily, we are aware of the problem and have a quick and simple solution.

Unfortunately, the solution requires a quick manual intervention and is applied manually (Registry tweak and service exe replacement).

We are looking to automate it at the earliest opportunity.

I will contact you directly to discuss the fix application.

Best regards,

Yaron Haimsohn

WFA team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

yaronh

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

This is a known and very rare phenomenon (This is the 4th documented case in some 200+ installations). It is well documented in the "Tips and Troubleshooting" document that can be found in the community

(Direct link - https://communities.netapp.com/docs/DOC-11485).

Luckily, we are aware of the problem and have a quick and simple solution.

Unfortunately, the solution requires a quick manual intervention and is applied manually (Registry tweak and service exe replacement).

We are looking to automate it at the earliest opportunity.

I will contact you directly to discuss the fix application.

Best regards,

Yaron Haimsohn

WFA team

hoffman

Magic - whatever you did fixed it.

Thanks Yaron.

bmorse

Yaron - can you post the fix?  I might have the same issue, WFA doesn't load.

Thanks,

-Brian

yaronh

Hi Brian,

That information appears in WFA 1.1 release notes (Attached to the original release post) and will be incorporated into our support and troubleshooting guide.

Regardless, you can find it here at my fresh new blog post 🙂

https://communities.netapp.com/people/yaronh/blog/2012/03/14/getting-started-with-wfa-literally

Cheers,

Yaron Haimsohn

WFA team

Public