Subscribe
Accepted Solution

WFA problems with special characters in array password?

Hi all!

 

For testing purposes I installed WFA 4.0 (Linux) in our environment. I am using OCUM 6.4 as a data source and the aquisition of the systems works without any problems. Also no problem when enter and testing the credentials of the Storage Array.

When starting a Workflow however it fails with the error message unable to connect to array.

I first used the standard admin account of the storage array which includes some special characters in the password.

I switched to a different user with only letters and numbers as password and with this account the workflow completes without any problems.

 

Does anyone else have similiar problems and know how to fix it?

 

Cheers,

--Markus

Re: WFA problems with special characters in array password?

[ Edited ]

@mdervovic

 

WFA linux uses Perl Commands, and there is a known issue with Perl and Passwords. WFA with perl has issues when your password has some special characters.

 

See this post and how was it resolved. WFA cannot connect to array on perl command

 

So your case is WFA linux, so do the following:

 

1. Go to your WFA installation: WFA/Perl64/

2. Change the password as before, the one with special characters and when it was failing to connect.

3. Replace the existing WFAUtil.pm file with the one attached here. The attached is a .txt, rename the extension to .pm. Only txt files are aloowed to be attached here.

4. Try your command now. 

 

This should work.

 

sinhaa

 

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

Re: WFA problems with special characters in array password?

Hi Sinhaa,

 

I haven't tried it yet, but that's probably it.

Unfortunately I cannot see the mentioned attachement.

Do you mind uploading it again or send it via pm?

 

Thanks!

--Markus

Re: WFA problems with special characters in array password?

[ Edited ]

@mdervovic

 

not sure why the file didn't get attached last time. Attaching it again in the above post. Its WFAUtil.txt, download and rename it to WFAutil.pm 

 

 

You can also try the below command code and see that the actual credentials are returned.

 

##Begin Code

 

use Getopt::Long;
use NaServer;
use WFAUtil;

 

##Modify the below as per your Cluster or Controller.
my $Cluster="rajarams-azure-172-30-17-140";

 

my $wfa_util = WFAUtil->new();

$wfa_util->sendLog('INFO', 'Getting credentials for cluster: ' . $Cluster);
my @creds = $wfa_util->getCredentials($Cluster);
my $user = $creds[0];
my $pass = $creds[1];

$wfa_util->sendLog('INFO', "User: $user ; Pass: $pass");

 

##End code

 

 

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.