Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA search aggregate by the disk type?

srikanthchada

One of my customer has requirement where they want to have following naming convention for the cifs share populated by itself when we provide the cifs share name like cifs_ssd_appname_data_001 in the volume feild I have given the following naming convention 'cifs_ssd_'+ $appname + '_data_001' by giving the cifs share name as 'testt' he path that gets populated is 'cifs_ssd_test_data_001' can i also get the aggregate name in the ssd section of the volume naming convention?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

yaron

Posting, just in case someone else is interested in seeing how this can be accomplished.

To import the workflow you need to run WFA 4.1 or newer.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

yaron

It is not clear what you are asking for. Are you asking for a way to get the aggregate name or are you asking for a way to get the aggregate disk type?

srikanthchada

I am asking for a way to get the aggregate name in the volume naming convention say if the aggreate we are creating volume is aggr1 then they want the voume name to be generated as 'cifs_aggr1_'+ $appname + '_data_001' they want to make the just give the share name and size and have volume naming generated from that information.

yaron

Ok, the quick and dirty answer is that in the Create New Volume command you reference the volume object itslef in the name (see screenshot attached). If the new volume object name is volume1, in the name field you can type "cifs_"+volume1.aggregate.name"+"_"...

The longer answer is that you would first need to use a finder to find the latest volume with that naming conention to figure out the number you need to use at the end of the new volume. Do you know how to do that or do you need help with that?

srikanthchada

No not sure new to wfa can you tell how that is done will be very much appreciated if you can tell how I can hard code that?

yaron

Happy to help (I am a NetApp employee), but this is a bit more time consuming than exchanging some replies on this post. Not sure what timezone you are in. I am in US-East (EST). Happy to hop on a WebEx with you and show you the basics of getting this done, but will not be available until Monday (1/29). Let me know if you are interested and we can get it done.

srikanthchada

yes that works we can do a webex on monday that will work. Please send me a webex invite whenever your free on monday I can join and share the screen.

srikanthchada

I am in PST time zone.

yaron

Please email me your email address. Send it to yaron@netapp.com

yaron

Posting, just in case someone else is interested in seeing how this can be accomplished.

To import the workflow you need to run WFA 4.1 or newer.

Public