Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA to abort all running snapmirrors

blando

Hi all, Hope I can find help here configuring my first workflow.

In my network, I have many remote locations, been mirrored or vaulted to one SVM located in the center.

Due to WAN bandwitch and amount of data, there are always some mirrors still running on mornings.

I am trying to build, Or customize the built-in "abort snapmirror relationship" workflow. What I want to do is to let it run on the destination SVM- And Abort all running mirrors.

Problems I run into are:

If I configure the destination cluster and SVM, It will only "see" the first relationship I have, out of many.

If I configure it with Destination volume- How can I do it? Is there a way to use a wildcard search, or somehow configure it run on all relationships?

All clusters are at least 8.2.2 cDOT. no 8.3.X for now. 

WFA version 3.1P1

Thank you!!

Itay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JoelEdstrom

Hi Blando,

Have you looked at using the 'repeat row' function and having the row repeat based on resources in a group?  It'll let you iterate through a set of commands for every member/row round using a filter or finder.  You could hardcode individual cluster/vserver names if you want - in the example below I'm using a user input variable instead.

wfa_repeat_row_3.1.PNG

I mocked up a quick workflow in WFA 3.1 that would iterate through each SnapMirror relationship and attached it to this thread.  I didn't have time today to actaully test it out today (the previews all look good), but it looks like it would do the trick on a per-vserver basis.  If you wanted to I'm sure you could nest this workflow in a separate workflow that iterates through a list of vservers.

It's worth noting I don't have access to any 8.2.X cDOT clusters right now and primarily use 8.3+; but could spin up some simulators in my home lab if you get stuck with something.

Let me know if you have any questions, happy to help.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Public