2014-10-16 12:27 AM
IHAC that would like to use the Storage aaS workflows package for WFA. According to TR-4272 you need to install the following two perl modules for this workflows to work correctly:
As fas as I know ther perl distriution coming with WFA standard installation is under:
activeperl enterprise 5.16.3 Build 1603.4
I have tried with PPM and CPAN and with neither of them I've been able to install the above modules.
Could someone please provide the exact procedure I may follow to install them...
Thanks a lot in advance.
2014-10-16 09:01 AM
Couple of links which you can look at:
2014-10-16 11:03 AM
Hello ... interesting that I hit the same issue/question at about the same time. I posted my query over in the "Articles and Resources" side of this new comunity structure. But Abhi's first pointer, to the practical-admin note on adding perl modules onto WFA systems worked pertty well for me. At least the ppm install commands seemed to work for both DBD::mysql and ActiceRecord::Simple.
However, now that I've done that, and imported the DAR file, I should be able to begin using the STaaS Workflows to create 'storage domains', 'consumers', 'schedules', etc. I'm getting a similar (maybe identical) error when attempting to execute any of the workflows which lead me to believe things are still not setup right.
1) I've already executed the SQL commands and all the expected tables do show up in the playground scheme/database
2) I believe the Perl modules required have been installed (see end of this post)
3) Importing the DAR file worked fne and I see the workflows in "Service Catalog" category
4) Workflows 'preview' fine and everything looks normal
====== Here is the common error that I get on each workflow ======
==== I've gone into .../Simple.pm andsee this statement, using the _get_columns method ====
===== I see both the modules I installed (activeRecord::Simple and DBD::mysql in the .../site/lib directories
===== Below are the actual Perl ppm install, list and sync commands I performed ======
2014-10-20 09:49 AM
I was getting the same error until I installed the exact version of the ActiveRecord Module stated in the TR:
ppm remove ActiveRecord::Simple
2014-10-20 10:11 AM
Bingo! Thanks Alfonso. That was my issue. I'm up and running now.
Do you happen to know he explicit URL for the DBD::mysql module version suggested/required ... so we could post here the two 'ppm install' commands needed to mke this work?
NOTE: FWIW, I just did a ppm install DBD::mysql and ended up running 4.022
2014-10-20 10:57 PM
Version 4.0.022 for DBD-mysql is the correct one according to TR-4272. The direct link to install it would be this one:
2014-11-11 10:19 PM
Just realized there was a thread for this. Yes, you can install the specific version using the ppm install command set or the cpan command set IIRC.
If you want to use whatever version that ppm installs automatically (the latest) then you will have to change the syntax manually in all the catalog workflows to reflect the updated definitions. For instance, in the error screenshot shown above, the error is on "_get_columns", and the original module workflow had "get_columns", so all instances of "get_columns" need to be changed to "_get_columns". I think there are 3 or 4 changes like this. If you do this in all the workflows, it should work as expected.
I hope this helps!