2014-07-08 10:23 AM
I tried searching and I didn't see any reference to this in any of the online product docs. If I missed it, please instruct me and chastise appropriately.
I noticed something new when I updated a custom command I had written, back in version 2.0.2, now imported on version 2.2. When I hit the discover parameters, I noticed this pipeline variable in the param definition tab. First, did I some how cause this to happen by doing something wrong or is this part of some new feature I need to learn about.
2014-07-09 03:37 PM
Here is a copy of the code of a custom command I wrote in 2.0.2. I recently updated it. Added the random hr/min bit.
Ran the discover params and I see this now with the PipelineVariable in it.
2014-07-10 02:04 AM
Can you export and send your command. I'm not able to reproduce it by trying a command having similar code as in your image. For me , it works fine.
2014-07-10 04:14 AM
We are able to reproduce the issue internally. This looks like a bug
and will require investigation.
I have opened a bug in our bug tracking system for the same.
The number is 838349.
2014-07-10 05:02 AM
Found a workaround.
Just edited the command code in the "Command Definition"->"Code" tab.
Added a log statement after the parameters are defined.
Did a "Discover Parameters" again. The "PiplelineVaribale" went away.
2014-07-10 06:18 AM
Pipeline variables were introduced in powershell 4.0. We haven't tested WFA with 4.0. You can find out your powershell version by entering $PSVersionTable.PSVersion on the powershell prompt on WFA server