Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Will there be WFA support for "volume encryption conversion" command?

Girton

The upcoming release of ONTAP 9.3 will support converting existing volumes to encrypted volumes (NVE) via the "volume encryption conversion" ONTAP CLI command. 

Will a future release of WFA (or any WFA packs available from the 'Storage Automation Store') allow conversion of existing volumes to encrypted volumes?  Or would the conversion need to be done via the "Invoke-NcSsh" Powershell cmdlet?

My customer wants to convert existing volumes to encrypted volumes after they upgrade to ONTAP 9.3 (and not have to move the volume in order to encypt it), and I'm working to determine the best method of doing so.  I'd rather use a certified WFA command block than create my own.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sivakumar_sekar

Hi,

Code implementation is completed for "volume encryption conversion" feature. 

We will be releasing as CDOT 1.4.1 pack once after all the process done.

Regards,

Shiva

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

abhit

Looking into it. Someone will reply shortly.

Regards
Abhi

sivakumar_sekar

We are working on this request.

Once after code completion on volume encryption conversion, we will share you the details shortly.

Girton

Thank you for the response.  I'll wait to hear further news.

sivakumar_sekar

Hi,

Code implementation is completed for "volume encryption conversion" feature. 

We will be releasing as CDOT 1.4.1 pack once after all the process done.

Regards,

Shiva

Girton

Thank you letting me know  that it will be available  in CDOT 1.4.1 pack.

Girton

I see that CDOT 1.4.2 pack is avaiilable.  I have installed this pack, but I don't see where the "volume encryption conversion" is implemented. I must have missed it somewhere. Which workflow or command is "volume encryption conversion" implemented in?  Or is it only implemented in the PowerShell Toolkit (PSTK), and a custom WFA command block must be created?

sivakumar_sekar

Hi Girton,

"Start Volume Encryption Conversion" and "Wait for Volume Encryption" commands are implemented in as part of CDOT pack 1.4.3.and is avaliable in automation store.

Please dowloand the pack and try and let me know.

CAPATEL_NET1984

Is there a link for this?

i have went to "wfa pack for cluster dat ontap management" and downloaded 9.5 version but it did not have this encryption command.

check documentation of version 1.4.2 and 1.4.1 it does not have it either

sivakumar_sekar

"volume encryption conversion" commands are available in "wfa pack for cluster dat ontap management" (1.5.1 ) pack.

Also available in next release of "wfa pack for cluster dat ontap management pack(9.6.0)".

~Shiva

Public