Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Workflow Automation - Error Installing WFA 3.1 on Linux - Need Help

rbrinson

One of my partners is installing WFA 3.1 on a Linux VM and is getting errors during the install process.  See the output from the install process below.  The error appears to start happening just after the database service is started and continues on into not being able to connect to MySQL.  Any suggestions on how to resolve this are welcom.  Thanks.

[root@netappocwfa ~]# ./WFA-3.1.0.0.0-2879153.bin

Do you want to install OnCommand Workflow Automation (WFA)? (y/n): y

Enter user name for WFA administrator (default: admin):

Enter password for WFA administrator user:
Confirm password for WFA administrator user:

Enter the HTTPS port on which OnCommand Workflow Automation (WFA) will listen (d efault: 443):

Enter HTTP port on which OnCommand Workflow Automation (WFA) will listen (defaul t: 80):

Enter company name where WFA is being installed: SovLabs

Enter site name where WFA is being installed: SovLabs

By default WFA uses only HTTPS for external communication.
You can enable WFA to use both HTTP and HTTPS.

Do you want to enable HTTP? (y/n) (default 'n'):

Preparing... ################################# [100%]
Installing OnCommand Workflow Automation (WFA).
Updating / installing...
1:wfa-3.1.0.0.0-2879153 ################################# [100%]
Generating SSL certificate for WFA server.
Updating WFA database configuration files.
Updating HA configuration files.
Creating wfa group.
Creating wfa user.
Setting permissions for MySQL data directory.
Initialising MySQL data directory.
Installing WFA database init service.
Starting WFA database service.
Starting wfa-db. ERROR! The server quit without updating PID file (/opt/netapp/wfa/mysql/data/wfa-db.pid).
Waiting for WFA database service to come up.
Waiting for MySQL server to answer........./opt/netapp/wfa/mysql/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)'
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/tmp/mysql.sock' exists!
Configuring MySQL with WFA specific configurations.
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
Error in configuring WFA administrator user in database.
Configuring password for MySQL root user.
Setting WFA license key.
Sep 02, 2015 10:36:04 AM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$2 run
INFO: Created system preferences directory in java.home.
Key was set successfully

chmod: cannot access ‘/etc/.java/.systemPrefs/com/netapp/wfa/prefs.xml’: No such file or directory
Starting wfa-server (via systemctl): [ OK ]
Database schema validation and update failed.
Exiting installation...
warning: %post(wfa-3.1.0.0.0-2879153.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 2

OnCommand Workflow Automation (WFA) installed successfully.

Use a web browser and one of the following URL(s) to configure and access the OnCommand Workflow Automation (WFA) GUI.

https://10.30.1.16:443/

https://netappocwfa.sovlabs.net:443/

You can watch sample videos and tutorials on how to get started with
WFA, post thoughts, share content, and get help from the WFA community.
To access WFA community webpage, copy and paste the below link in
your web browser.

http://community.netapp.com/t5/forums/filteredbylabelpage/board-id/oncommand-storage-management-software-discussions/label-name/workflow%20automation%...

[root@netappocwfa ~]#

4 REPLIES 4

harikesh

Hello,

Could you please provide following informations related to this problem -

1. Were you installing on RHEl 6.5 or 7.0?

2. Could you please confirm if there were no other mysql process running on the system before you started WFA install?

3. We need mysql logs located at - /var/log/wfa/wfa-db.log.

rbrinson

This is what the Partner did to resolve the situation:

“There were libraries missing that I installed using RedHat’s package manager.   It looks like the WFA installer forgot to check for them; this probably needs to be fixed.  If I knew libraries were the cause of the MySQL problem, I could have figured it out using the ldd command (noted for future reference); I thought it was a permissions problem.  But in any case it’s fixed, at least for my system.

These are the missing libraries: libaio.x86_64 and libaio-devel.x86_64  .  The WFA installer should be fixed to check for these as those libraries were not included on the stock RedHat Enterprise 7.0 iso.”

Version of RHEL is 7.0.

Error Log from MySQL:

150902 17:16:26 mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /opt/netapp/wfa/mysql/data/wfa-db.pid ended

150902 17:17:18 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /opt/netapp/wfa/mysql/data

/opt/netapp/wfa/mysql/bin/mysqld: error while loading shared libraries: libaio.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

150902 17:17:18 mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /opt/netapp/wfa/mysql/data/wfa-db.pid ended

150902 17:21:08 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /opt/netapp/wfa/mysql/data

/opt/netapp/wfa/mysql/bin/mysqld: error while loading shared libraries: libaio.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

150902 17:21:08 mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /opt/netapp/wfa/mysql/data/wfa-db.pid ended

150902 17:23:55 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /opt/netapp/wfa/mysql/data

harikesh

Thanks for update.

I have filed a burt on WFA installer for this problem.

Were you able to reproduce it locally? If yes, May I have access to the system?

rbrinson

I did not try to reproduce it.  I can try to arrange for a WebEx with the Partner to look at his system, if that would help.

Public