Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Workflow quota resize - formula issue with spacecalculation

scheckel

Hi,

has somebody done a quota resize workflow.

Example have a volume with some qtrees in it. Customer wants to change the size of one qtree. So volumesize also need to be modified.So usable size should be the sum of all quotas in the volume.

My workflow is ok without snapreserve, but with something the calculation is wrong.

Would be great when somebody can check the formula:

'+' + (int)((size * ('1.' + volume.snapshot_reserved_percent)) - qtree.disk_limit_mb)

I will attach the workflow.

Best wishes,

Markus.

3 REPLIES 3

sharu

Hi Markus,

The workflow that has been attached when unzipped gives me xml files. We were expecting to see dar files. Could you please reattach the workflow?

-Sharu

scheckel

i replaced the file already on friday,

kandati

Hi Markus,

I have just looked into your formula used for vol size calculation, I think it might required some changes as below,

'+' + (int)( (size * ('1.' + volume.snapshot_reserved_percent) ) - (qtree.disk_limit_mb* ( '1.' + volume.snapshot_reserved_percent)) )

Suppose if your qtree size is 100g then your volume size would be 120g( with 20% snapreseve calcuation)

Then if you are going to increase qtree size to 200g then your volume size needs to be calculated as 240. But with your formula it would be 260, that's why we need to calculate the snapreserve on qtree size as well while deducting it.

Let me know if I'm missing any basic thing here..!

Warm Regards
Sivaprasad K

Public