Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

automatically acknowledge information/ normal and / notice events

michaeldparker

Hi All,

I am using opsmgr 4.0.2.  In this version, is there a way to autmatically ack events that are not critical.  It seems the vast majority of them are merely informational, etc and I'd like to have the ability to see them if I need, but I don't want to go through the trouble of acknowleging them due to the large number I receive. 

I found this post: http://communities.netapp.com/thread/14941?tstart=60

Where someone wrote a perl script to ack and delete all events.  I'm not very good at scripting and especially not perl.

Thanks

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

agireesh

Please find the correct script, by mistake I attached the wrong script.

Regards,

Gireesh

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

agireesh

There is no way to automatically acknowledge the event. Yes, using simple script we can acknowledge or delete the information/Normal events.

Please let me know if you want a script for this. I’ll write for you.

Regards,

Gireesh

michaeldparker

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping as much, but oh well. 

Yes, if you are able to provide me with a simple script that works on Windows, that would be great.  I don't have a clue where to start.

Thanks

Mike

agireesh

Is it fine for you if I write the perl script for you. You need to install active perl on your window machine to execute this perl script.

Regards,

Gireesh

adaikkap

Mike pls use the same script.That you referenced.

Or use the cygwin as suggested by sinhaa to use the oneliner in the same post you referenced.

Gireesh, pls dont re-invent the wheel, the script for ack and delete is already there.

Regards

adai

michaeldparker

Thanks, but how do I then tell it to only ack informational, notice, and normal .... Not everything. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

agireesh

Hi Adai,

That script ack and delete the all events while Mike want a script which delete the Information and Normal events only.

Mike, please find require script as an attachment. This script will ack and delete the Normal and Information events.

Regards,

Gireesh

pradeepl

Hey Gireesh,

Both the scripts are same it seems.Can you check?

sinhaa

@

Thanks, but how do I then tell it to only ack informational, notice, and normal .... Not everything.  Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use a filter to filterout the information or normal events etc using a grep or findstr.

On LINUX host:

for i in `dfm event list -q| grep -i normal |tr -s ' '|cut -d " " -f 2`; do dfm event ack $i; done

This will work on windows as well if you use cygwin host.

warm regards,

Abhishek

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

agireesh

Please find the correct script, by mistake I attached the wrong script.

Regards,

Gireesh

michaeldparker

Great! Thanks very much for the script.

Public