Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

cDOT Create Cifs Share Fails

TABER_BRANDEN

When attempting to create a CIFS share immediately after creating a qtree in a workflow I receive the message:

The specified path "/groupdata01/NewQtree" does not exist in the namespace belonging to Vserver "n1cnastest"

If I put a powershell sleep command in between commands for 30 seconds or so, the cifs share creation will complete successfully.

Any ideas why this is occurring and how to get around it without pausing the workflow for 30 seconds or so?

WFA Version: 2.2.0.2.6

Attached Workflow.

4 REPLIES 4

abhit

Is this a custom workflow or a workflow which is shipped with WFA?

If this a custom workflow, is it using certified commands or custom commands.

Also, if you can share the workflow with us, it might be easier to understand.

Regards

Abhi

TABER_BRANDEN

Abhit,

I attached the workflow. It is essentially the same as the template workflow provided. I event copied most of the parameters over. Even though they look identicial to me, at least half the time it fails with the above message.

sinhaa

Branden,

This error message message The specified path "/groupdata01/NewQtree" does not exist in the namespace belonging to Vserver "n1cnastest" is thrown by ONTAP and not WFA. You get this when the qtree you are trying to create cifs share on doesn't exists.

I suspect that create Qtree api returns a success before the actual Qtree gets created completely and when the 2nd command to create cifs share on it executes, it fails at those times. Why this delay? I'm not certain about it.

Just try to manually create a Qtree and cifs share using the Cluster CLI a few times and see how that goes. U may see similar behaviour.

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

abhit

Branden:

Which version of ONTAP are you using?

Sinhaa:

I see a similar issue logged 782829

Regards

Abhi

Public