Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

capacity report growth monthly and yearly

MPERIYAK

I want to get a report which will show my capacity utilization of an aggregate or a volume say yearly or monthly. Basically I want to calculate the growth and see how much space we are adding every now and then. Is it possible to get via OnCommand Report.

6 REPLIES 6

yuvaraju

Although, OnCommand Report does acquires aggregate, volume growth related data from DataFabric Manager servers. It only provides a point-in time view of growth/capacity utilization information in the 1.x version. OnCommand Report does not maintain history in 1.x version

MPERIYAK

Thanks for the answer. But OnCommand Report pulls it info from the DFM database. Although the DFM database is large and has all the yearly/monthly data, why cant OnCommand report just display the info.

pavila

That's the same question I asked about the product and I am waiting for answers from them. I'll post what I find out.

dburkland

Paul,

Did you ever receive any answers from NetApp? I just setup NetApp OnCommand Report and it would be great to have a report that would breakdown growth based on volume type (oracle, sql server, etc).

Regards,

Dan

pavila

Here is how I got it to work.

pascalduk

I am personally more looking for more information than a daily growth number that can change dramatically each day. Monthly and yearly would be nice, but even better would to just put the daily storage usage for each volume/aggregate in the OnCommand report database for at least a year and use that to plot your data.

Public