Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

couldn't authenticate NDMP connection to host

darren_hedges

I am getting this error in ops manager when I try to add the ndmp credentials.

I have also tried within the management console but it says ndmp status down and ndmp credentials bad.

I have checked the fas and the ndmp is running and i have also deleted and recreated the ndmp account using a very simple user / pass for testing and have tried so many times I am definately not typing it wrong.

Any suggestions on how to fix this ?

5 REPLIES 5

garymfisher

Are you trying this through Netbackup? If so there is a patch that has to be applied befor you can authenticate.

This sounds exactly like the problem.

columbus_admin

Darren,

Are you using the password you set or the NDMP generated password for the account?

If you are using the password you setup for the account, you need to run ndmpd password ndmp_username and use the hash that is generated.

-Scott

marlon

What version of ontap are the problem filers running ?

sinhaa

Hi darren.hedges,

Looking to debug your problem.

can you provide the following info.

1. output of the command "options ndmp" on the filer. 

2. what username/password are you using? is it in the group of administrators? give the output of the following from dfm server "dfm host user detail <username>"

3. When you are trying from NMC ( management console) what is the error you are hitting? Are you doing through Hosts Storage system -> Edit or Diagnose?

4. Are your monitors running? Is your filer responding to the SNMP request from dfm? Give the outpout of the following the command "dfm host diag < your filername>"

warm regards,

Abhishek

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

darren_hedges

Thanks for the help, it provided me with some more insight into the system.

I ended up doing a diag on the hosts within the management console app and this time it set the credentials itself and their status all changed to good / up.

Now to try and figure out why a windows server won't add under the ossv option.

Public