Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

create snapshot command

cscott

Hi,

When trying to work with the create snapshot command, the column for "Array" under the command is not visible, and I cannot find a way to populate it.  I see all of the relevent code when I look at he powershell module for the command, and I see "Snapshot Name" and "Volume", only "Array" appears to be hidden.

Is there an update to this command, or am I missing something(the most likely possibility?)

Thanks,

Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

yaronh

Hi Scott,

We in the WFA team try to help you out. Make your life easy.

As a result, sometimes we map commands parameters to allow an easier parameter setup - Instead of passing the array IP and the volume name we ask you to provide a reference

to a Volume object and we take that information from there.

Look at the command definition, at the "Parameters" tab for what the command requires, and the "Parameter mapping" tab to see what we are taking and from where.

Just send us a Volume variable reference (Not Volume name from user input, mind you) and we'll do just fine.

Best,

Yaron haimsohn

WFA team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

yaronh

Hi Scott,

We in the WFA team try to help you out. Make your life easy.

As a result, sometimes we map commands parameters to allow an easier parameter setup - Instead of passing the array IP and the volume name we ask you to provide a reference

to a Volume object and we take that information from there.

Look at the command definition, at the "Parameters" tab for what the command requires, and the "Parameter mapping" tab to see what we are taking and from where.

Just send us a Volume variable reference (Not Volume name from user input, mind you) and we'll do just fine.

Best,

Yaron haimsohn

WFA team

cscott

Thanks Yaron,

By looking at the other workflow examples, I was able to manipulate what I needed using the "Find specific volume in array" finder.  I wasn't setting up the define correctly under the finder.

- Scott

Public