Subscribe

dfm perf view CLI question

Hi,

I'm trying to create a view for a couple of counters under wafl:read_io_type:

cache

ext_cache

disk

I've gotten as far as creating a view and chart goes, but when I try to add the actual counter, I'm running into this problem:

dfm perf view counter add -n filer1 -i wafl ram_pam_disk_cli ram_pam_disk_cli_chart1 wafl:read_io_type:disk

Error: Invalid labels specified for counter wafl/read_io_type

To check my syntax I tried:

dfm perf view counter add -n filer1 -i ec0 ram_pam_disk_cli ram_pam_disk_cli_chart1 ext_cache_obj:hit

That worked fine.  I can also do what I want to do in PA GUI where I just drill down from filer to wafl to read_io_type down to cache/ext_cache/etc.  I think where I'm running into trouble is in the GUI, I have to drill down one more level to get from read_io_type to disk/cache/etc and I don't have to do that for a lot of other counters that I can create views for.  Is there a different separator I need to use for the "labels"?

Re: dfm perf view CLI question

hello,

did you find an answer for that ? I have the same question. I would like to monitor a Flash Pool configuration by using the counters wafl:read_io_type:cache, wafl:read_io_type:hya_non_cache, wafl:read_io_type:hya_cache, wafl:read_io_type:hdd but it seems that these counters are not available through the command line.

Regards

nd

The short answer is you can't do this from the CLI, it is a known issue and there is an open bug report on it.

You should be able to add the labels through the UI, but not through the CLI.

Phil Bachman

thank you for your answer