Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

dfm perf view retrieve problems

ctaylor88

I'm trying to run this command:

dfm perf view retrieve -a nas01-o volume 'Volume Summary View' '2011-01-19 15:00:00' '2011-01-19 18:10:00'

I know there's data collected for that time, because I can see it in Performance Analyzer. All I get back is things like this:

Timestamp      avcrgnas01:volume:*:read_latency
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timestamp      avcrgnas01:volume:*:write_latency
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timestamp      avcrgnas01:volume:*:other_latency

Timestamp      avcrgnas01:volume:*:total_ops

I'm trying to run a command like that which will show me the nfs_read_ops and nfs_write_ops counters for just a few volumes I specify. I can't use a custom view in PA because it doesn't show any data prior to the creation of the custom view (so it's pretty useless).

How do I specify the object or instance to get back just the counters I want? The dfm man page and help doesn't give an example.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

rbalaji

<<<< I can't use a custom view in PA because it doesn't show any data prior  to the creation of the custom view (so it's pretty useless).

This behavior has been modified in DFM 4.0. Custom views now have the ability to show historical data as well.

adaikkap

Starting, dfm 4.0 the dfm perf view retrieve is  changed to dfm perf view2 retrieve

so that even though if a custom view is not there for the counter but if you have that counter in any one of the canned views you can still get history data as long as it exist.

Now if you create a custom view with that counter and do a dfm perf view2 reterive we show the data that was collected for the canned view dates too.

Regards

adai

skellner

I tried it that way. Created a custom view and issued the following command. However, got the error that this command doesn't support custom views.

j255030@dfm-h1:~> dfm perf view2 retrieve 'ITS Latency Overview' '2011-03-02 07:00:00' '2011-03-02 08:00:00'
Error: New custom views are not supported by this comamnd.

Use "dfm perf counter-data get" command.

How can I get a custom view via CLI?

Regards

Stefan

Public