Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

'dfm report modify' & DFM commandline syntax help

fdaniel

What is the 'dfm report modify' syntax for reporting everything is GB? I also noticed there is no consistency with significant figures. I guess once the report is generated Excel can be used to round off figures for a clean report.

Secondly, I've failed to find a comprehensive command reference manual for DFM. Even with the help argument I find allot of guess work is needed to work through the syntax. Is there anything out there?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

adaikkap

What is the 'dfm report modify' syntax for reporting everything is GB? I also noticed there is no consistency with significant figures. I guess once the report is generated Excel can be used to round off figures for a clean report.

dfm report modify helps give you its options and it also take other options of dfm report create like thr format qualifier and precision.

A field name in the report take the following format.

field-name[ :format-qualifier[ .precision][ =pretty-name ]

Example:

Volume.overwriterate:MB.4="Vol OWR"

I created a report with report create with the following.

dfm report create -R volume -f Volume.name,Volume.overwriterate:B.2,Volume.used:MB.3 vol_pres

[root@lnx186-118 log]# dfm report view vol_pres | more
Volume Name                                           Volume Overwrite Rate (B) Volume Used Capacity (MB)
----------------------------------------------------- ------------------------- -------------------------
aaa_root                                                                 352256                     0.316
abhi_vol5_NEW                                                            268288                     0.121
abhi_vol6                                                                268288                     0.125
abhi_vol7                                                                531456                   401.957
abhi_volume                                                              289792                     0.148
Adai_Dont_Delete                                                     3618988032                224039.789
aggroc                                                                  1219584                     1.203

The above was the output.

Latter I wanted to change the volume name to volume full name and overwriterate to MB and precision to 4, volume used to GB.

dfm report modify -f Volume.fullname Volume.overwriterate:MB.4 Volume.used:GB.1 -d modify_precision -n changed_vol_pres  vol_pres

Below is the report output.

[root@lnx186-118 log]# dfm report view changed_vol_pres | more
Volume Full Name                                                    Volume Overwrite Rate (MB) Volume Used Capacity (GB)
------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------- -------------------------
Abhi_filer:/vfiler_rootvol                                                              1.6025                       0.0
Avatar:/Avatar                                                                          2.4111                       0.0
Avatar:/Avatar_root                                                                     0.8008                       0.0
backup_ds:/backup_ds_3                                                                  1.2393                       0.3
backup_ds:/backup_ds_root                                                               0.8867                       0.0
backupvfiler:/backupvfiler_root                                                         0.7129                       0.0
custBurtVFiler:/snapvault_srcvolume_burt_memory_fix_SVR1                                0.4512                       0.0

Secondly, I've failed to find a comprehensive command reference manual for DFM. Even with the help argument I find allot of guess work is needed to work through the syntax. Is there anything out there?

Access the man pages from the cli or from the webui link as follows.

Control Center->Help->General Help->Contents->Man Pages

Regards

adai

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

rranga

1. I doubt if there is any way to change the CLI report output format from the default unit (which is KB).  Also, the "report modify" is for changing the custom report field properties like display name.  Yes, Excel can be used to tune the outputs.

2. Let us know the command for which you want to know more info.

adaikkap

dfm report modify helps give you its options and it also take other options of dfm report create like thr format qualifier and precision.

A field name in the report take the following format.

field-name[ :format-qualifier[ .precision][ =pretty-name ]

Example:

Volume.overwriterate:MB.4="Vol OWR"

I created a report with report create with the following.

dfm report create -R volume -f Volume.name,Volume.overwriterate:B.2,Volume.used:MB.3 vol_pres

[root@lnx186-118 log]# dfm report view vol_pres | more
Volume Name                                           Volume Overwrite Rate (B) Volume Used Capacity (MB)
----------------------------------------------------- ------------------------- -------------------------
aaa_root                                                                 352256                     0.316
abhi_vol5_NEW                                                            268288                     0.121
abhi_vol6                                                                268288                     0.125
abhi_vol7                                                                531456                   401.957
abhi_volume                                                              289792                     0.148
Adai_Dont_Delete                                                     3618988032                224039.789
aggroc                                                                  1219584                     1.203

The above was the output.

Latter I wanted to change the volume name to volume full name and overwriterate to MB and precision to 4, volume used to GB.

dfm report modify -f Volume.fullname Volume.overwriterate:MB.4 Volume.used:GB.1 -d modify_precision -n changed_vol_pres  vol_pres

Below is the report output.

[root@lnx186-118 log]# dfm report view changed_vol_pres | more
Volume Full Name                                                    Volume Overwrite Rate (MB) Volume Used Capacity (GB)
------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------- -------------------------
Abhi_filer:/vfiler_rootvol                                                              1.6025                       0.0
Avatar:/Avatar                                                                          2.4111                       0.0
Avatar:/Avatar_root                                                                     0.8008                       0.0
backup_ds:/backup_ds_3                                                                  1.2393                       0.3
backup_ds:/backup_ds_root                                                               0.8867                       0.0
backupvfiler:/backupvfiler_root                                                         0.7129                       0.0
custBurtVFiler:/snapvault_srcvolume_burt_memory_fix_SVR1                                0.4512                       0.0

Access the man pages from the cli or from the webui link as follows.

Control Center->Help->General Help->Contents->Man Pages

Regards

adai

fdaniel

Thank you. This was helpful and I see the scaling has to be done at creation, not to an existing report. However, I found that autoscale on an existing report can be changed from the GUI quite easily. I missed this.

What if I wanted commas in my output without resulting to Excel? This will result is a clean prepped report for auto delivery. However, client can easily add commas. This is just being picky right now.

Thnaks All.

adaikkap
What if I wanted commas in my output without resulting to Excel? This will result is a clean prepped report for auto delivery. However, client can easily add commas. This is just being picky right now.

Not possible today.Will bring it as request for next release.

Regards

adai

Public