Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

documentation on DFM 4.0 to 4.02 upgrade

KIWIRAIL01

Hi Guys

Do we have NetApp documenation on DFM 4.0 to 4.02 upgrade? can anybody share their experience of upgrading DFM/Ops Manager from 4.0 to 4.02?

Thanks All

Aj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sinhaa

Aj,

There is no separate document for upgrading from 4.0 to 4.0.2. The Upgrade follows the same process as it was from earlier releases. The quick steps are

windows:

Double click and run the new .exe file on your DFM server and follow the steps. It will upgrade to the new version.

Linux:

run the new .rpm using "rpm -ivh <dfm_version>.rpm" and it should go ahead with the upgrade.

About experience with 4.0.2, I can give a  feedback that there have been numerous bug fixes and performance enhancements in 4.0.2 from 4.0. So upgrading will have its benefits.

There is also a ( DFM 5.0 ) OnCommand 5.0 available now . You may consider that as well.

Thanks

Abhishek

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sinhaa

Aj,

There is no separate document for upgrading from 4.0 to 4.0.2. The Upgrade follows the same process as it was from earlier releases. The quick steps are

windows:

Double click and run the new .exe file on your DFM server and follow the steps. It will upgrade to the new version.

Linux:

run the new .rpm using "rpm -ivh <dfm_version>.rpm" and it should go ahead with the upgrade.

About experience with 4.0.2, I can give a  feedback that there have been numerous bug fixes and performance enhancements in 4.0.2 from 4.0. So upgrading will have its benefits.

There is also a ( DFM 5.0 ) OnCommand 5.0 available now . You may consider that as well.

Thanks

Abhishek

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

KIWIRAIL01

Thanks Abhishek,

Shall I take your words for it? thanks anyway, I will take DB backup before I start.

anyone else??

Cheers

Aj

KIWIRAIL01

it worked as suggested! thanks

Public