Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

how can i create a report for last access time of the volume? or i want the report as which all the volumes are not accessed more that 3 months?

SRIKANTH_GUNTUR

how can i create a report for last access time of the volume? or i want the report as which all the volumes are not accessed more that 3 months?

6 REPLIES 6

alissa

I'm not sure DFM or the Unified Manager server can track that, but let me look into it further. Can you clarify what you mean by accessing the volume? For example, NFS, Cifs...updating the volume?

SRIKANTH_GUNTUR

main intension is I want to remove the volume for which local backup ,mirror is not happening for more than 3 month. Instead of wasting the space in filer I can clear it .

NFs volumes only.

alissa

Let me make sure I understand. You're trying to search and delete volumes that have not been backed up and/or mirrored in the past 3 months? Am i correct?

SRIKANTH_GUNTUR

exactly. But through the Oncommand. I need to create the job for the same.

robertr

We have the same inquiry from client. Do you guys know what tool/s we can use to identify the volume last access? Client wants to identify the volumes so they can destroy them and reclaim space.

alissa

There is a way to get an orphaned and offline LUN report through OnCommand ReportOCR. Please note that OCR is EOA. You can find OCR 1.2 product documentation on the Support site. Another product to look into is OnCommand Insight which has extensive reporting capabilities.

Public