Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

how to generate snapmirror size report through mail or in mail from ontapp command ?

ELANGO_125

my customer is asking to create the auto generate snapmirror report from clustered netapp storage which is connected with  number vservers. once in a day i should get mail along with vservers details and snapmirror replication sizes.

8 REPLIES 8

ELANGO_125

anyone can guide me to setup the report

KALAI_VELU

I think we can configure report via DFM..

ELANGO_125

Thanks for reply. Can you just tell me the procedure to create?

ELANGO_125

reached Dp. Thanks

mfriedenfeld

George, how often are the snapmirror relationships updated in your environment, hourly/daily/synchronously?

I did look around in Ops Manager and DFM, but I too am having trouble finding a report built into those applications for this type of data.  If you are familiar and comfortable with Powershell and the Dataontap module, I could possibly provide a solution.

JGPSHNTAP

Guys,

I suggest you review powershell,  Make's life easy

mfriedenfeld

JGPSHNTAP, I'm with you on that, all my reporting is done using powershell now.  Extremely valuable.

George, to get you started, below is a quick example of how to get your last transfer size using powershell.  This will work assuming your snapmirrors are updated daily.  In the event you have an hourly update schedule, things get a little tougher to handle but can be accomplished using scheduled snapshots on the volumes along with a little math and date comparisons.

Import-Module dataontap

Connect-NaController DESTINATIONCONTROLLER

$toEmail = ""

$vol=DESTINATIONVOLUME  #at this point, you can also create a loop to run through all your destination volumes if you have a larger pool of snapmirrors

$toEmail = $toEmail + $vol + " - " (get-nasnapmirror $vol).LastTransferSize + "`n"  #This command will write the name of the volume along with the last transfer size in bytes, feel free to do some math to this number to make it more readable

Once you have completed building your $toEmail variable with all the volumes you would like to measure, you can send an email off using send-mailmessage like below:

Send-MailMessage -From "ALIASEMAILADDRESS@DOMAIN.COM" -To "RECIPIENT@DOMAIN.COM -subject "Daily Snapmirror replication size report" -body $toEmail -smtpServer IP_ADDRESS_OF_SMTPSERVER

adaikkap

Hi,

OCUM/DFM, 5.x though it support clusterMode, doesnt support monitoring or discovery of Storage Efficency and Data Protection related things.

All of these are availabe in OCUM 6.0 which is clustermode only, which can be exported.

Regards

adai

Public