Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

is there a simple alert that can be defined in DFM / Operations Manager to send an alert if the Ethernet port speed is ever lower than 1000mbps?

shabeer

is there a simple alert that can be defined in DFM / Operations Manager to send an alert if the Ethernet port speed is ever lower than 1000mbps?

Thanks

Shabeer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hadrian

Please see attached threshold.  May need to tweak if the "B" indicates bits or bytes.  The type "Lower" means when it goes BELOW that value. 

Hope this helps.

Hadrian

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

hadrian

Please see attached threshold.  May need to tweak if the "B" indicates bits or bytes.  The type "Lower" means when it goes BELOW that value. 

Hope this helps.

Hadrian

shabeer

Thx..Hadrian. Just a clarification this available in OPS manager 4.0?? or only oncommand allowed??

hadrian

It should definitely work on 4.0.  Enjoy.

gdefevere

I'm looking for an alert in dfm/oncommand for monitoring port speed config lower than 1000mbps. Somtimes when network team restart a switch ports are negotiated on wrong port speeds (10mbps).

I don't think the above (ifnet:total_data)  will alert this ?!

Is this possible in dfm/oncommand ?

hadrian

Good point.  This method really does not monitor the link speed, instead it alerts on the bandwidth being utilized on the port. 

I would imagine link speed can be polled using SNMP.  Using OnCommand Unified Manager I'm able to generate a report on link speed, but it seems to only be reporting for our clustered Data ONTAP systems.

Would it be sufficient to get a report on it, or is an alert necessary?

Hadrian

gdefevere

Most of the time status reports are overlooked. An alert is the way to go, but if there are no other possibilities.

Is it possible to post how to do it with SNMP ?

Public