Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

netapp-harvest / grafana windows file services / vscan (cluster)

Andre_G

Hi,

There is a Dashboard "Netapp Detail: 7-mode Windows Filer Services", works fine.

I look here at "vscan" related metrics.

Question: 

Is there a technical reason why no such dashboard exists for cluster mode ?

The vscanner counters seems to be available via sdk..

We just enable vscan share by share and for 7-mode the referenced dashboard gives a good feeling what happens. Same would be fine to have for clustermode too 🙂

Thanks

Andre

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

madden

Hi @Andre_G

I have heard of customers adding it but haven't yet added it to the defaults.  Maybe someone else on communities has something to share?

Otherwise, do know it is on the to-do list for the next release!

Cheers,

Chris Madden

Solution Architect - 3rd Platform - Systems Engineering NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

madden

Hi @Andre_G

I have heard of customers adding it but haven't yet added it to the defaults.  Maybe someone else on communities has something to share?

Otherwise, do know it is on the to-do list for the next release!

Cheers,

Chris Madden

Solution Architect - 3rd Platform - Systems Engineering NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

Andre_G

Thank you Chris. Do you have a (estimated) date for next release already ?

tom_dewit

Hi @madden

Adding vscan statistics for cDot to grafana would certainly be appreciated.

We install NAbox/grafana at all our customers for cDot performance monitoring.

Thanks for all the work you put in !

Grtz,

Tom

madden

Hi @tom_dewit @Andre_G

I have an RC release that is going through internal test that includes ONTAP 9.2 and OCUM 7.2 and vscan for cDOT.  I hope to get it to the toolchest soon.

Thanks for your patience

Cheers,

Chris Madden

J_curl

You gonna release new version at Insight this year?

madden

Hi @J_curl

By end of Sept I expect to release to the updated Harvest with ONTAP 9.2, OCUM 7.2, to the toolchest.  Vscan counters are in there too!

Cheers,

Chris Madden

israelmmi

Hi,

In the latest release of the harvest + dashboards I see there were vscan counters added.

See the attached screenshot. Problem is, as shown, I have no data collected for these metrics (seemingly at least that is the issue). Can you reccomend a way to troubleshoot and/or see if in fact I am able to successfully collect data?

Public