Subscribe
Accepted Solution

netapp-harvest

Hi. I'm having a hard time finding all of the necessary dependancies for netapp-harvest-1.3.1.noarch.rpm.  Specially the perl::Excel::Writer::XLSX rpm.  I can't find it anywhere.  What articles I do find are in developer speak and I am not one.  I appreciate any help.  Thanks!

Re: netapp-harvest

The other package that doesn't seem to exist is epel-release. 

Hi @mttshffr

Did you get it resolved?  What OS and level are you using (cat /etc/*releas*)?

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Solution Architect - 3rd Platform - Systems Engineering NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

Thanks Chris. Thanks for the response.  I appreciate it.   Once I got the epel package installed, the other package also installed.  However, I am running into another problem if you are able to help.  Smiley Happy

I'm running RHEL 7.3 and Harvest 1.3.

[root@csrhvstadm01 netapp-harvest]# ./netapp-manager -import
[OK     ] Will import dashboards to [https://10.7.8.117:443]
[OK     ] Dashboard directory is [/opt/netapp-harvest/grafana]
[ERROR  ] Failed to import dashboard [db_netapp-dashboard-cluster.json] due to error: 500 addr is not a string
[ERROR  ] -Response was :addr is not a string at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/IO/Socket/IP.pm line 662.

[ERROR  ] Exiting due to fatal error.

I've done some research and found a post from you from June 2016 where changes need to be made to the netapp-manager file.  However those changes are in the file.  So, the next thing I've been looking into is upgrading perl-socket.  But I'm getting in pretty deep and am not what I'm doing.  Smiley Happy

thanks

Matt

Hi @mttshffr

This error is being thrown by a Perl module and the grafana_url you are passing to it looks ok.  I googled the error and came up with a bug on RHEL7:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1200167

https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2016-2196.html

Maybe you need to update perl-Socket?

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Solution Architect - 3rd Platform - Systems Engineering NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

netapp-harvest for ONTAP 9.2(Px)

[ Edited ]

I recently upgraded to ONTAP 9.2P1 and Harvest is not able to remain running in its polling against the newly upgraded cluster. When could I expect for an update to come to NetApp-Harvest to provide support for 9.2? Is there anything that can be done as a workaround to get Harvest polling properly in the meantime?

Thank you,

Jason Batt

Sr. Data Storage Administrator

Denver Health Hospital Authority

Re: netapp-harvest for ONTAP 9.2(Px)

There is no support for ontap 9.2 yet. but as a work around you can copy the template from 9.1

cp /opt/netapp-harvest/template/default/cdot-9.1.0.conf /opt/netapp-harvest/template/default/cdot-9.2.0.conf 

that will get harvest to gathering most of the data.