Subscribe

"dfm report view -s Timestamp dp-transfer-backup-daily" sort order

Hallo,

using the switch "-s Timestamp" returns  a list showing the oldest backup on the top, the newest Backup at the end of the list.

Is there any way to revert the sort order in that way, that the newest entry is at the top of the report ?

Also helpfull would be a switch to specify the time frame, for example to display only the last week.

c:\temp\Backup Status Reporting Script\src>dfm report -s Timestamp  dp-transfer-backup-daily

Warning: Use of this command for listing and viewing reports has been
deprecated by 'dfm report list' and 'dfm report view' commands respectively.

Relationship ID Source Name                  Destination Name                                                                Timestamp  Bytes Transferred Transfer Rate /sec Transfers Transfer Failures Data Growth

--------------- ---------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------- ----------------- ------------------ --------- ----------------- -----------

7369            ratte:/marcin_test/source    hamster:/marcin_test/destination                                                2013-02-11               192                  5        24                 0           0

7369            ratte:/marcin_test/source    hamster:/marcin_test/destination                                                2013-02-12               200                  3        25                 0           8

7369            ratte:/marcin_test/source    hamster:/marcin_test/destination                                                2013-02-13               192                  3        24                 0          -8

7369            ratte:/marcin_test/source    hamster:/marcin_test/destination                                                2013-02-14               192                  4        24                 0           0

7369            ratte:/marcin_test/source    hamster:/marcin_test/destination                                                2013-02-16               192                  3        24                 0          -8

7369            ratte:/marcin_test/source    hamster:/marcin_test/destination                                                2013-02-17               192                  4        24                 0           0

7369            ratte:/marcin_test/source    hamster:/marcin_test/destination                                                2013-02-18               192                  4        24                 0           0

7369            ratte:/marcin_test/source    hamster:/marcin_test/destination                                                2013-02-19               200                  4        25                 0           8

7369            ratte:/marcin_test/source    hamster:/marcin_test/destination                                                2013-02-20               192                  2        24                 0          -8

7369            ratte:/marcin_test/source    hamster:/marcin_test/destination                                                2013-02-21               200                  3        25                 0           8

7369            ratte:/marcin_test/source    hamster:/marcin_test/destination                                                2013-02-22               192                  3        24                 0          -8

7369            ratte:/marcin_test/source    hamster:/marcin_test/destination                                                2013-02-23               192                  6        24                 0           0

7369            ratte:/marcin_test/source    hamster:/marcin_test/destination                                                2013-02-24               168                  6        21                 0         -24

c:\temp\Backup Status Reporting Script\src>

c:\temp\Backup Status Reporting Script\src>dfm report view help

NAME

view -- Generate one of several reports

SYNOPSIS

dfm report view [ <options> ] <report-name> [ <report-arguments> ... ]

DESCRIPTION

The report command runs one of several pre-defined searches

and presents the results.

Use 'dfm report list' to get the list of reports.

Use 'dfm report view <report-name> help' to see

the description of a report.

The options are

-g <group-id or group-name>

-F <output-format>

Valid output formats are text, html, csv, perl, xls, xml, json, js and pdf.

json and js are not supported for designer reports listed in "dfm report list -N".

pdf is supported only for designer reports.

-l <lines>

-q (quiet)

-s <sortby-field>

-x (show all fields; only in perl output format)

-N <repeat-for>

-i <repeat-interval>

-t <timeout> (in seconds; for streaming reports)

-H show deleted objects

-P time frame signifies the period to fetch performance data.

Valid values are 'last, 1d, 1w, 1m, 3m and 1y'. This option

is valid only in conjunction with performance reports.

-m start date of the dataset usage metric interval. This option

should be specified in the format yyyy-mm[-dd], e.g. "2010-08",

"2010-08-12". This option is considered only for dataset usage

metric reports and ignored for any other report.

-O <output-file>

Specifies the output file in which the output should be saved.

This option is considered only for designer reports listed in "dfm report list -N"

and if the output-format is pdf or html.

Greetings Helmut

Re: "dfm report view -s Timestamp dp-transfer-backup-daily" sort order

Hi Helmut,

Is there any way to revert the sort order in that way, that the newest entry is at the top of the report ?

There is no way to change the sort order.

Also helpfull would be a switch to specify the time frame, for example to display only the last week.

Its not possible to specify a time range, but instead there are canned time range reports already.

Daily report  will display data starting from 12:00 midnight of the previous day.

Weekly report  will display data starting on Monday.

Monthly report will display data starting on the 1st of the month.

Quarterly report will display data starting from Jan 1st, Apr 1st, Jul 1st, or Oct 1st .

Yearly report will display data starting from Jan 1st of the year.

There are the data retention in each report.

• The individual and daily report data will be kept in the database for 2 weeks, and then rolled into the weekly tables.
  • The weekly report data will be kept in the database for 2 months, and then rolled into the quarterly tables.
  • The quarterly report data will be kept in the database for 2 years, and then rolled into the yearly tables.
  • The yearly data will be kept in the database indefinitely.

We also have database views for the transfer report which should allow you to specify a custom time range using sql queries.

Regards

adai

Re: "dfm report view -s Timestamp dp-transfer-backup-daily" sort order

I looked at my settings on mine filers and I do have the report enabled as indicated. I still cannot get any output.

Here is what I get:

C:\>dfm report view dp-transfer-backup-daily
There are no dp_transfers.

if I use the lower -s option it does not work for me. My version is 

se "dfm help" for usage information.

C:\>dfm version
dfbm.exe 5.2.0.17140 (5.2R1)
dfdrm.exe 5.2.0.17140 (5.2R1)
dfpm.exe 5.2.0.17140 (5.2R1)
dfm.exe 5.2.0.17140 (5.2R1)
dfmcheck.exe 5.2.0.17140 (5.2R1)
dfmconfig.exe 5.2.0.17140 (5.2R1)
dfmconsole.exe 5.2.0.17140 (5.2R1)
dfmmonitor.exe 5.2.0.17140 (5.2R1)
dfmperf.exe 5.2.0.17140 (5.2R1)
dfmscheduler.exe 5.2.0.17140 (5.2R1)
dfmserver.exe 5.2.0.17140 (5.2R1)
dfmwatchdog.exe 5.2.0.17140 (5.2R1)
eventd.exe 5.2.0.17140 (5.2R1)
grapher.exe 5.2.0.17140 (5.2R1)

C:\>

Any ideas why mine may not be working?  I am also looking for a way to get transfer rate on a given volume.

I would appreciate any help.