Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

replication.status.timeSkewed:notice]: SnapMirror: Clock on source is ahead of destination system

chiedozie

hello guys,

please i saw the following error message when i was auditing the logs on my FAS3140. it appears the clocking between the source and destination system is skewed. please does anyone know how i can resolve this?

Regards,

Chiedozie

6 REPLIES 6

marco_horstmann

Hi Chiedozie,

check time with "date" on both systems and set the correct time.

Check your Timezone too, because it's a common mistake to set wrong
timezones.

Regards,
Marco

chiedozie

hello Marco,

please how do i check time with "date" on both systems (syntax). i know using the options.time.max_skew can check the timing on both systems. is there any other syntax i should know about?

marco_horstmann

Just type "date" on your commandline. with "man date" you get options for setting the date.

chiedozie

thanks Marco for your responses. i am also having issues using OnCommand  system Manager on my system to administer my Netapp filers. all of a sudden when i try using Oncommand system mgr to connect, i get the error "Oncommand system manager is  accessed by another client", Oncommand system manager is locked to a single manager for security reasons".

when i checked the error details, it reads thus:

==ERROR==

java.lang.Throwable

==TIME==

2013-09-11 14:19:26,646

==MESSAGE==

OnCommand System Manager is accessed by another client. OnCommand System Manager is locked to single client for security reason.

==DETAILS==

No details are available.

==CORRECTIVE ACTION==

No suggested corrective action is available.

==LOCATION==

Location is not specified.

==BROWSER INFO==

App Name: Microsoft Internet Explorer

App Version: 5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; Trident/6.0; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; InfoPath.3)

App Codename: Mozilla

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; Trident/6.0; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; InfoPath.3)

Platform: Win32

Cookie Enabled: true

please do you happen to know a way out of this, even when i tried uninstalling and re-installing(even with a higher version of Oncommand system manager), the same error pops up. any suggestions will be most appreciated.

Regards,

Chiedozie

marco_horstmann

Do you try to open it from another client? Because System Manager is only allowed on localhost. No access via network.

chiedozie

thanks Marco. i ended up opening it from another browser as internet explorer was giving me issues.

Public