Subscribe
Accepted Solution

unable to query oci dwh database tables from wfa

[ Edited ]

when i am trying to build a filter i am getting the error as :

Failed getting filter attributes - SELECT command denied to user 'restricted'@'localhost' for table 'volume'

tried to grant permissions  but unable to do so, as dwhuser doesnt have permissions.

please help on this.

Untitled.png

Re: unable to query oci dwh database tables from wfa

Hey Aravind,

I think you have something misconfigured in how you are passing your username to MySQL  - the error message you are seeing indicates that you are passing "restricted" as the username to mysql

can you post the query?

select * from dwh_inventory.volume;

i am connecting to the dwh database through dwhuser ,not as restricted. but i dont no why it is unable to execute a select query.

It should work. I just tested with the dwhuser and works fine for me:

snapshot4.png

from the command line and mysql client it is working fine.  but  its not working from wfa ,when  i  try   to create a filter.

Untitled.png

Can you try to access the db with a remote mysql client with dwhuser? I wonder if access is restricted to localhost...

No, that's not it. I tried from my linux box and it works fine. Could it be the firewall?

i am quite confused why the username in the error is showing as  'restricted',  while  i am connecting as dwhuser.  and moreover dwhuser has  the select permissions.

and i am connecting to the db through remote sql client only. i am able to query from every possible way except from wfa.

perms.png