Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

using RBAC to view volume performance

gbrian

Customer wants to restrict views to "apps gorup" for specific volumes related to their sql servers. I have created the group "3040_test" which has one controller and three volumes which need to be monitored associated with it. I have also created a role "3040_test_role" and added a user to it. The role is specific to the group "3040_test". The role has the following capabilities:

dfm.database.read

dfm.event.read

dfm.perfview.read

I can login to Operations Manager and olny see the test group "3040_test". I can drill down and see the volumes that I have added to the group. I can not see any of the other system or volumes that are in this Operations Manager implementation. This part seems to work fine.

Then I go to the management console, where we want to present the performance views to the users associated with the "3040_test_role". The management console will not present the user assigned to the "3040_test_role" with the ability to view the "3040_test" group or objects. It will not display any of the performance views associated with "3040_test". Even if I create a view that only has "3040_test" objects associated with it.

Furthermore, if I select the logical or physicval view, and the "3040_test" object under global, I receive a status bar which runs indefinitely.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BGraham

2 REPLIES 2

hiyer

>> The management console will not present the user assigned to the

"3040_test_role"

>> with the ability to view the "3040_test" group or objects.

Do the group and its objects not show up in the tree? Would it be

possible to provide a

screenshot?

>> It will not display any of the performance views associated with

"3040_test"

Have you associated the 3040_test group with these views? If not, you

will have to

do that from Edit Custom Views->Add Associated Objects.

Can you try making the above changes and see if the data shows up for

the user?

Regards,

Hari

gbrian

I have removed and then readded the role to access the 3040_test object. Once I did this, I could read my custom views.

I do notice the Management console may have a lag in spresenting information that is changed in the OpsMan console.

Thanks for your help.

Public