Subscribe

why dfmserver.exe is looking several time per seconds for filerversions.txt file

Hi

I am trying to understand why and if this a normal behaviour that dfmserver.exe is looking several time per seconds for fileversions.txt.

Does that mean that some filers in my protection manager servers are running a dataontap version that is not recognize?

Thanks for your help

Florent

Re: why dfmserver.exe is looking several time per seconds for filerversions.txt file

Hi Florent,

What version of DFM are you running ? Is there any file named testpoints.txt in your bin/log folder ? Also who did you know that dfmserver.exe is looking for filerversions.txt ?

Can you post the same ?

Regards

adai

Re: why dfmserver.exe is looking several time per seconds for filerversions.txt file

Hi Adai,

DFM version is 5.0.2p1, there was a file named testpoints.txt_old in the log folder (i removed it, but i could not yet restart the services).

I could see that with sysinternals tools: procmon.exe.

Rgds

Florent

Hi Florent,

Pls delete the file named testpoints.txt. It should only be used for debugging or trouble shooting. You dont need to restart services after deletion of the file.

Regards

adai

Hi Adai,

The file has been deleted (it was named testpoint.txt_old) but the dfmserver.exe is still looking for filerversions file.

I gave a look and there is no other files named test point exept java files under \dfm\jetty\webapps\webinf\classes..... testpoint.class, testpointengine.class, but i think these files have to be here.

I create an empty file named testpoints.txt under log directory and dfmserver.exe stop to search for filerversions.conf file.....

I completly lost

Rgds

Florent

Hi Florent,

Can you check if you have any file named filerversions.conf in your log or in bin folder ?   Else pls raise a case with NGS to see whats going on.

Regards

adai

Hi All

I know this thread is very old, but we encountered the same behavior on our production System:

17:54:24,3720731 dfmserver.exe 7288 CreateFile C:\Program Files\NetApp\DataFabric Manager\DFM\conf SUCCESS Desired Access: Read Data/List Directory, Synchronize, Disposition: Open, Options: Directory, Synchronous IO Non-Alert, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a, OpenResult: Opened
17:54:24,3721295 dfmserver.exe 7288 QueryDirectory C:\Program Files\NetApp\DataFabric Manager\DFM\conf\filerversions.conf NO SUCH FILE Filter: filerversions.conf
17:54:24,3721631 dfmserver.exe 7288 CloseFile C:\Program Files\NetApp\DataFabric Manager\DFM\conf SUCCESS 

Our System in the LAB doesn't try to query the filerversions.conf..

Why this happen and what can we do to disable this (or is this a normal behavior?).

OCUM 5.2.1P1

TIA

Thomas