OpenStack Discussions

Error when creating cinder volume snapshot

arndt

Hi all,

as I continue to play with the NetApp cinder driver, I am getting the following error when trying to create a volume snapshot using horizon.  The error occurs in the cinder-volume log file:

2014-01-08 15:18:38.482 7579 TRACE cinder.openstack.common.rpc.amqp NotFound: No interface found on cluster for ip vs05_arndt_de

The "vs05_arndt_de" portion above is the name of the vserver on which I have the cinder volume currently sitting, and I am able to create volumes and launch instances from volumes that reside on my NetApp storage system, so I believe that I have the NetApp cinder plugin configured properly.  Any ideas what is going on here?  Thanks,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

arndt

Replying to my own post here, I figured it out.  It looks like the cinder nfs_shares config file must have the vserver given as an IP, not as a hostname, in order for everything to work correctly with the cinder NetApp driver.

Mike

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

arndt

Replying to my own post here, I figured it out.  It looks like the cinder nfs_shares config file must have the vserver given as an IP, not as a hostname, in order for everything to work correctly with the cinder NetApp driver.

Mike

Public