Five Reasons to Get Pumped for Cisco Live EMEA 2017

By Bruce Shaw, Sr. Director, CIsco Alliance, NetApp

CL17-attending-440-220.jpgThe holidays may have wrapped just a few weeks ago, but for us in the IT world, the real season for celebrating is still ahead — Cisco Live EMEA 2017! I’ve been counting down the days until the event kicks off February 20, and cannot wait for our five days together at Messe Berlin.

The premier education and training destination for IT pros, Cisco Live will welcome thousands of attendees from all over Europe: Germany (natürlich), France, the U.K., Switzerland, and many others. Last year at Cisco Live EMEA, we counted 12,000 attendees and 115 exhibiting partners. Impressive numbers, both — but both numbers surely to be exceeded by this year’s turnout.

And if those figures give you reason to suspect there will be lots happening at CLEUR, you’ve got great instincts. Below I’ve listed just a few highlights from the week. Get excited!

1. See the parade of partnership: As an IT industry vet, I’ve seen my fair share of partnerships falter and fizzle. But the bond between Cisco and NetApp — it’s not going anywhere except up. During the event, I hope you have the time to take a deeper look into all that we’ve built together, like the Cisco Cloud Architecture (CCA) with Microsoft Cloud Platform. Get all your NetApp-Cisco questions answered by NetApp experts at booth P1.

2. Bring it together at the breakouts: The breakout sessions are your chance to dig into what’s new and next from NetApp. This year, there are two talks on the agenda. On Tuesday, you’ll hear about the latest FlexPod virtual desktop solution, powered in part by Cisco and NVIDIA. Then, on Wednesday, the conversation turns to the benefits of Cisco and NetApp’s single IoT infrastructure solution.

3. Think fast in our theater sessions: Short, sweet, and to the point: That’s the goal of our 20-minute Theater Sessions, which will run from Tuesday through Thursday. You’ll learn more our converged infrastructure offering (with case studies), understand the impact of the digital revolution on healthcare professionals, and even get a taste of Coffee 4.0.  

4. Get in some face time: Over 12,000 attendees and 100+ exhibiting partners anticipated … that’s a lot of faces, both new and familiar! Take advantage of this opportunity to strengthen and grow your network. And speaking of opportunities: Ever wanted to chat directly with a NetApp exec or technical expert? With the Meeting Program, you can — just make sure to request your own meeting today, before our spots fill up. (Who knows? We may get our chance to talk together!)

5. … And have some fun: Daily events, nightly appreciation parties, and lots of swag to take home. At this year’s event, expect everything from VR headsets to smart Bluetooth bottles. Everyone takes home something great!

Finally, I’d like to invite you to get social during Cisco Live. Follow NetApp on Twitter, and contribute to #CLEUR story yourself.

See you there!